Charlie Sheen; "I'm HIV Positive"

This is the place to sound off on various current events in Entertainment
WOODMO
Site Admin

Charlie Sheen; "I'm HIV Positive"

Post by WOODMO » November 17th, 2015, 8:58 am

http://www.tmz.com/2015/11/17/charlie-s ... oday-show/

:winning:

Thoughts? Do you think he's been open with all partners like he claims since his diagnosis?

lanza218
Site Admin

Re: Charlie Sheen; "I'm HIV Positive"

Post by lanza218 » November 17th, 2015, 9:10 am

His Today Show interview where his doctor was by his side was pretty good. Not shocking he contracted it. He seemed very open and honest and seems to be taking it seriously

crowbar
Marked Out King

Post by crowbar » November 17th, 2015, 9:35 am

It's absolutely shocking that he contracted it. Yes, as far as we know, he lived a crazy lifestyle but many celebs do. I can't remember the last time someone famous announced that he is HIV positive, it's crazy.

Greg2600

Post by Greg2600 » November 17th, 2015, 9:58 am

Magic Johnson would be the big one, obviously. Sheen paid for hookers a lot.
The Paunch Stevenson Show pop culture podcast : http://www.paunchstevenson.com

WOODMO
Site Admin

Post by WOODMO » November 17th, 2015, 10:12 am

Hookers aren't that unsafe as a general rule, the majority are far more careful than random women from bars just hooking up with men. For example a friend of mine who only has sex without condoms, actually wore a condom when he fucked a hooker because she made him do so. That was probably the safest sexual encounter he had last year since the rest were unprotected Tinder and Bar hookups.

Of course Charlie had the money to pay these women to leave their "code" at the door I am sure, but still that would likely mean they were unprotected with a select few. My guess is he contracted it from needles or just from sheer insane volume where he finally hit a bad one.

WOODMO
Site Admin

Post by WOODMO » November 17th, 2015, 10:18 am

This news is why I never consider having sex without a condom. My lone concern would be all the times you find out you have a cut on your finger after fingering some random woman (does anyone else notice that, or do I just have an abnormal amount of cuts on my fingers from time to time?), but from what I've read that is a very unlikely way of contracting HIV. I could never live with the unprotected risk and worry.

Greg2600

Post by Greg2600 » November 17th, 2015, 10:26 am

The risk is very low in your "cut finger" scenario. In Sheen's case, he's been doing tons of drugs and had hookers and such, in fairly wild party atmospheres. So there's no telling what protection they "forgot" to use while they were messed up.
The Paunch Stevenson Show pop culture podcast : http://www.paunchstevenson.com

WOODMO
Site Admin

Post by WOODMO » November 17th, 2015, 10:28 am

Greg2600 wrote:The risk is very low in your "cut finger" scenario. In Sheen's case, he's been doing tons of drugs and had hookers and such, in fairly wild party atmospheres. So there's no telling what protection they "forgot" to use while they were messed up.
That is a great point. He definitely removed the formalities between his fame and intoxicants running wild.

mrira
Marked Out King

Post by mrira » November 17th, 2015, 3:22 pm

I wonder how these lawsuits go? My feeling is it will more then likely be hard to prove that he kept his HIV status hidden when he was having sex with this women & if they don't have the disease it won't go anywhere. Otherwise I wasn't too shocked with the announcement.