Things I cannot comprehend

Speak freely about life and everything in it
class316
Marked Out Historian

Things I cannot comprehend

Post by class316 » May 23rd, 2014, 3:45 am

I tried looking for that thread and could not find it, which made me go :haeh2:

Was it moved to the graveyard?

Either way it's worth resurrecting, so I will start it.

I cannot comprehend people saying I have money cause I can afford to stay in NYC for 4-5 days.

During those days in NYC:

I slept in the car every night

I parked for free every single night. Yes you read correctly, I paid $0 as in zilch and nada for parking! Mon thru Wed I was parked in one spot, and Wed thru Thurs I was parked in another spot. Proof that I have truly mastered the art of free NYC parking!

My daily meals consisted of one foot long spicy Italian from Subway by day and 2-3 dollar pizza slices by night.

So where does any of that scream "someone with money" :shrug:

To boot, we were strolling randomly outside a CVS and found garbage bags upon garbage bags of chocolate and candy. They were all sealed and the garbage bags had ONLY chocolate and candy, nothing else. So me, Joresky, and one other guy carried as much as we could and loaded them up in the car. So we had something else to eat while there.

ref: https://twitter.com/celebmeets/status/4 ... 80/photo/1
Follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/celebmeets
:hcit:
View my celebrity report Blog http://celebmeets.blogspot.com/

lanza218
Site Admin

Re: Things I cannot comprehend

Post by lanza218 » May 23rd, 2014, 10:20 am

I am going to vomit....i really hope you didnt eat any of it...u know the reason they were in garbage bags right?

WOODMO
Site Admin

Post by WOODMO » May 23rd, 2014, 10:40 am

lanza218 wrote:I am going to vomit....i really hope you didnt eat any of it...u know the reason they were in garbage bags right?
He did eat it, in fact he offered it to Raza and I.

He claims the bags were sealed, they were just in garbage bags. I don't think I have laughed that hard in a while. Just hearing him compare himself to Santa Claus, with bags of candy slung over his shoulder. Raza's reaction to the story was classic.

lanza218
Site Admin

Post by lanza218 » May 23rd, 2014, 11:16 am

Those were recalled due to rat droppings and other shit found in the mix and immediately taken off shelves of all CVS. Mine did the same in the bronx. They usually give old stuff to the homeless

lanza218
Site Admin

Post by lanza218 » May 23rd, 2014, 11:18 am

Still expensive with travel and gas and the minimal food. Looking at over $200. Plus the wear and tear on the car

Joresky

Post by Joresky » May 23rd, 2014, 11:23 am

The candy was perfectly fine.... stores get rid of seasonal candy all the time if it doesn't sell.. i know I work in retail, I ate a bunch of it and nothing happened

lanza218
Site Admin

Post by lanza218 » May 23rd, 2014, 11:25 am

They donate it in NYC. Bloomberg put that into effect his first term. It was contaminated. It was a CVS problem

class316
Marked Out Historian

Post by class316 » May 23rd, 2014, 12:10 pm

lanza218 wrote:Still expensive with travel and gas and the minimal food. Looking at over $200. Plus the wear and tear on the car
Over $200? In which planet? :haeh2: It cost under half that amount, including food and the $5 I paid in train fare those 4 days. And I made that back and then some just in autographs I obtained (not to mention money I saved getting photo ops from people that I would pay for at cons).

And yes the candy was fine. It was basically easter candy they were getting rid of. Expiry date on them was 2015 (I checked before loading them up).
Follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/celebmeets
:hcit:
View my celebrity report Blog http://celebmeets.blogspot.com/

djknightrida
Marked Out Master

Post by djknightrida » May 23rd, 2014, 6:53 pm

Living like a homeless person for an autograph or photograph. Screams pathetic to me.

Name dropping an enemy in hopes of obtaining an autograph from someone who said enemy has developed a repor with.
:dj:

lanza218
Site Admin

Post by lanza218 » May 23rd, 2014, 7:22 pm

How much was gas for the car. Plus how much did u spend per day to eat? Plus how much depressiation was ur car go through? Over $200

16times
Marked Out King

Post by 16times » May 23rd, 2014, 8:07 pm

class316 wrote:I slept in the car every night...My daily meals consisted of one foot long spicy Italian from Subway by day and 2-3 dollar pizza slices by night.
Oh my god, that sounds horrible. Where do you shower ? Where do you use the bathroom ? Or maybe with a diet like that, you get so stopped up you don't have to find a restroom.

Sheesh, I've admired your photos and success stories over the years, Class, but this kind of behavior just sounds freakin' psycho. For gods sakes man, if you can't spring for a hotel room and a balanced meal, you should give up the hobby. :facepalm2:
"Every time you score a photo op, an angel gets his wings!"

WOODMO
Site Admin

Post by WOODMO » May 23rd, 2014, 8:10 pm

Even if it was over $200, it's still very cheap when you consider the amount of names obtained. I think he's nuts though to sleep in his car, I could never do that.

cmshowstopper
Marked Out Master

Post by cmshowstopper » May 24th, 2014, 12:42 am

I admire the parking for free in NYC. But the candy in the trash bags and the sleeping in the car?! I thought I was slumming it staying at the Red Roof. :smh:
http://www.cmshowstopper.com/ Official Webpage Of CM Showstopper

http://www.fallenangelchristopherdaniels.com Official Webpage of Christopher Daniels

WOODMO
Site Admin

Post by WOODMO » May 24th, 2014, 8:12 am

For the record, I don't think Class was nuts to trust the candy was safe. CVS would be opening themselves to massive liability just leaving contaminated candy of any kind on the street, it would need to be disposed of properly. I would rather starve than eat anything from a trash bag, but I would have felt confident it was safe, it's just gross to me, like eating food I drop on a dirty floor, no thanks.

djknightrida
Marked Out Master

Post by djknightrida » May 24th, 2014, 8:46 am

WOODMO wrote:For the record, I don't think Class was nuts to trust the candy was safe. CVS would be opening themselves to massive liability just leaving contaminated candy of any kind on the street, it would need to be disposed of properly. I would rather starve than eat anything from a trash bag, but I would have felt confident it was safe, it's just gross to me, like eating food I drop on a dirty floor, no thanks.
ie some have standards. Others do not. :joresky:
:dj: