Things I cannot comprehend

Speak freely about life and everything in it
class316
Marked Out Historian

Re: Things I cannot comprehend

Post by class316 » July 15th, 2014, 9:13 pm

I cannot comprehend why so many are fascinated with the Dallas Cowboys?
Follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/celebmeets
:hcit:
View my celebrity report Blog http://celebmeets.blogspot.com/

lanza218
Site Admin

Post by lanza218 » July 15th, 2014, 9:25 pm

What do u mean? Its a sports team that people like....

class316
Marked Out Historian

Post by class316 » July 15th, 2014, 10:32 pm

lanza218 wrote:What do u mean? Its a sports team that people like....
By why do so many people like that sports team? I've never set foot in texas and I see it everywhere.

WOODMO
Site Admin

Post by WOODMO » July 15th, 2014, 10:36 pm

class316 wrote:
By why do so many people like that sports team? I've never set foot in texas and I see it everywhere.
They're just one of those iconic teams, like a Hulk Hogan in wrestling comparison. Personally I could never support out of state teams period, I just could never feel so connected to a team that has nothing to do with me.

Not passing judgment, obvious exceptions apply. But I just feel like many fans picked an out of state team as kids because they were good, had cool uniforms, or made them different from the masses at the time. To me that's a bad reason to like a sports team, but not everybody falls into those categories.

luiginyc84
Marked Out Pro

Post by luiginyc84 » July 15th, 2014, 11:05 pm

WOODMO wrote:
class316 wrote:
They're just one of those iconic teams, like a Hulk Hogan in wrestling comparison. Personally I could never support out of state teams period, I just could never feel so connected to a team that has nothing to do with me.

Not passing judgment, obvious exceptions apply. But I just feel like many fans picked an out of state team as kids because they were good, had cool uniforms, or made them different from the masses at the time. To me that's a bad reason to like a sports team, but not everybody falls into those categories.
I became a Cowboys fan from my father. He was a Cowboys fan from the 70s growing up. How he picked the Cowboys was they did something that stood out from other teams. When they would get to the line of scrimmage before they would snap the ball, the offensive linemen would stand up and then get back down in their 3 point stance right before the snap. When they would stand up the Cowboys RBs would change formation in the backfield and by the O-Line standing up they would block the defense from seeing this change seconds before the snap. That along with the Cowboys being one of the first teams to implement gadget or trick plays into their playcalling made them stand out to him. So obviously when I was a kid I followed along and still follow the Cowboys. I caught alot of shit for it in the 90s, being a Cowboys fan in NY. Called a frontrunner which is understandable if they didnt know me. The funny thing is some people still say that to me, yet the Cowboys havent won anything since the 1995 Season! lol. :thinking:

Im also an Orlando Magic fan. This was choosing of my own as nobody in my family really follows basketball other than myself. I became a Magic fan after seeing Shaq & Penny playing. After they left I just stuck with the Magic and am still a fan to this day.

The only NY team I actually root for is the Yankees and thats because of my father to. I might try and root for the new New York team in the MLS next season. Just hard to become a fan of MLS after following the Serie A in Italy all these years. Totally different games!

WOODMO
Site Admin

Post by WOODMO » July 15th, 2014, 11:12 pm

Luigi posted good exceptions. Family allegiances are just as powerful as geographic ones. For me it's mostly been state pride, but 8 respect real fans like Luigi.

lanza218
Site Admin

Post by lanza218 » July 16th, 2014, 12:16 am

Or people follow the team bc of a certain player. Ill be a Browns fab this year. Love johnny football

class316
Marked Out Historian

Post by class316 » July 16th, 2014, 12:35 am

luiginyc84 wrote: When they would get to the line of scrimmage before they would snap the ball, the offensive linemen would stand up and then get back down in their 3 point stance right before the snap. When they would stand up the Cowboys RBs would change formation in the backfield and by the O-Line standing up they would block the defense from seeing this change seconds before the snap. That along with the Cowboys being one of the first teams to implement gadget or trick plays into their playcalling made them stand out to him.
I understood the rest of your post, but is this part written in English :haeh2:

anthonyburris
Marked Out King

Post by anthonyburris » July 16th, 2014, 1:36 am

I'm a Cowboys fan because when I moved here when I was 8 I was just getting to know what sports was, and I followed all the Dallas teams (for me it's Cowboys, Mavericks, Rangers and Stars) I did the same for college, back in the late 80s early 90s it was either Longhorns or Aggies and I chose Longhorns (mainly at time I thought having Lassie as a mascot was fucking stupid lol) now I do support TCU due to being friends with few of the football players but the know my support ends when Texas comes in lol. For soccer it's Chelsa FC due to hating Man U, Man City and other rich teams
YES YES YES

luiginyc84
Marked Out Pro

Post by luiginyc84 » July 16th, 2014, 10:55 am

class316 wrote:
luiginyc84 wrote: When they would get to the line of scrimmage before they would snap the ball, the offensive linemen would stand up and then get back down in their 3 point stance right before the snap. When they would stand up the Cowboys RBs would change formation in the backfield and by the O-Line standing up they would block the defense from seeing this change seconds before the snap. That along with the Cowboys being one of the first teams to implement gadget or trick plays into their playcalling made them stand out to him.
I understood the rest of your post, but is this part written in English :haeh2:
Lol. Yea you would have to have a general knowledge of football to understand what i meant.

ivpvideos
IVP Videos

Post by ivpvideos » July 16th, 2014, 1:29 pm

Kids like winners and if you grew up in a town without a team you just kind of pick one.
Go to http://www.ivpvideos.com
Like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/IVPvideos
Follow us on Twitter @IVPvideos
Shop on Amazon by going to www.amazonIvp.com so I can make some sweet cash.

cmshowstopper
Marked Out Master

Post by cmshowstopper » July 17th, 2014, 12:11 am

I never understood why someone becomes a fan of a team based on where they live? I despise the Eagles MORE because of where I live.
http://www.cmshowstopper.com/ Official Webpage Of CM Showstopper

http://www.fallenangelchristopherdaniels.com Official Webpage of Christopher Daniels

class316
Marked Out Historian

Post by class316 » July 17th, 2014, 12:56 am

cmshowstopper wrote:I never understood why someone becomes a fan of a team based on where they live? I despise the Eagles MORE because of where I live.
I actually have trouble even understanding the concept of being a fan of a "team".

In movies and wrestling, you are a fan of a person. For instance you are a fan of (say) Arnold Schwarzenegger or John Cena. But it doesn't work that way in sports. You are only a fan of a player because he is in a certain team. Not because you enjoy the person's work or think he's a good player. If the said person were on a different team you wouldn't have been a fan to begin with. And if he changes teams you are no longer a fan.

Say a person is a fan of the New York Yankees. Based on this logic, if all players of the New York Yankees got signed to the Boston Red Sox and if all players of the Boston Red Sox got signed to the New York Yankees, this person would no longer be a fan of the former Yankee players and would be a fan of the former Boston players that he was once rooting against.

Strange concept in my eyes :haeh2:

WOODMO
Site Admin

Post by WOODMO » July 17th, 2014, 1:02 am

class316 wrote:
cmshowstopper wrote:I never understood why someone becomes a fan of a team based on where they live? I despise the Eagles MORE because of where I live.
I actually have trouble even understanding the concept of being a fan of a "team".

In movies and wrestling, you are a fan of a person. For instance you are a fan of (say) Arnold Schwarzenegger or John Cena. But it doesn't work that way in sports. You are only a fan of a player because he is in a certain team. Not because you enjoy the person's work or think he's a good player. If the said person were on a different team you wouldn't have been a fan to begin with. And if he changes teams you are no longer a fan.

Say a person is a fan of the New York Yankees. Based on this logic, if all players of the New York Yankees got signed to the Boston Red Sox and if all players of the Boston Red Sox got signed to the New York Yankees, this person would no longer be a fan of the former Yankee players and would be a fan of the former Boston players that he was once rooting against.

Strange concept in my eyes :haeh2:
Holy shit dude, you actually just made a 100% correct and accurate sports post, that touches on somewhat in depth topics such as rivalries. I am impressed. :clap:

WOODMO
Site Admin

Post by WOODMO » July 17th, 2014, 1:03 am

Because that's in most cases who family members like. That's who is on local TV, that's who you see on the cover of newspapers and it's the teams you went to see as a kid.