Nostalgia for old entertainment

Speak freely about life and everything in it
overthetop17
Marked Out Pro

Nostalgia for old entertainment

Post by overthetop17 » January 3rd, 2017, 2:07 am

I say who cares :shrug: I do not consider these people famous.....would not want a free pic with any of them :lol:

ICW
Marked Out King

Re: "The National" Big Apple Con from Nov. 2007

Post by ICW » January 3rd, 2017, 2:55 am

overthetop17 wrote:I say who cares :shrug: I do not consider these people famous.....would not want a free pic with any of them :lol:
I'm normally with you but they're both very famous but, then again, fame is subjective I guess.
Feel free to visit my blog concerning wrestling conventions, signings, and meet & greets!
https://squaredcirclecons.com/

WOODMO
Site Admin

Post by WOODMO » January 3rd, 2017, 7:01 am

Over you're nuts!!!!! :lol:

Luckily I got Hayden and Katey elsewhere. Bell, I did not :(

AsianDave
Marked Out Master

Post by AsianDave » January 3rd, 2017, 5:26 pm

overthetop17 wrote:I say who cares :shrug: I do not consider these people famous.....would not want a free pic with any of them :lol:
man, either you've lived a reclusive life, or in a cave, how can you say you don't consider these people famous? Granted, not in the Tom Cruise, Tom Hanks, Brad Pitt, Angelina Jolie, etc famous...but they're pretty well known!

whether you want (free) photos with them or not, that's your prerogative, but there's plenty of us who would be more than happy to meet them! :ehh:

Kristen Bell, on the other hand, i can do without her. I was told on couple of occassions she can be aloof and cold towards fans, and much to my disappoinment, she was exactly that when i actually tried to get her 'graph as she took a break from filming at the set. what was it she said to me "not when i'm working!" And i was the ONLY person to approach her! :exasperated:

Greg2600

Post by Greg2600 » January 3rd, 2017, 6:21 pm

I think he was being sarcastic
The Paunch Stevenson Show pop culture podcast : http://www.paunchstevenson.com

AsianDave
Marked Out Master

Post by AsianDave » January 3rd, 2017, 6:29 pm

i find it hard to believe that OTT would make any sarcastic remarks whatsoever! :ohyeah:

WOODMO
Site Admin

Post by WOODMO » January 3rd, 2017, 7:04 pm

AsianDave wrote: Kristen Bell, on the other hand, i can do without her. I was told on couple of occassions she can be aloof and cold towards fans, and much to my disappoinment, she was exactly that when i actually tried to get her 'graph as she took a break from filming at the set. what was it she said to me "not when i'm working!" And i was the ONLY person to approach her! :exasperated:
Are you saying Kristen is Frozen?!

:mods:

AsianDave
Marked Out Master

Post by AsianDave » January 3rd, 2017, 9:36 pm

WOODMO wrote:
AsianDave wrote: Kristen Bell, on the other hand, i can do without her. I was told on couple of occassions she can be aloof and cold towards fans, and much to my disappoinment, she was exactly that when i actually tried to get her 'graph as she took a break from filming at the set. what was it she said to me "not when i'm working!" And i was the ONLY person to approach her! :exasperated:
Are you saying Kristen is Frozen?!

:mods:
I so wanna punch u! :ehh:

overthetop17
Marked Out Pro

Post by overthetop17 » January 4th, 2017, 1:44 am

man, either you've lived a reclusive life, or in a cave, how can you say you don't consider these people famous?
To me fame is so much differen't nowadays than it used to be Dave...for whatever reason I do not see today's "stars" as being famous. To me they are just people...people that I think no differen't of. Growing up the people I saw as "stars" jumped off the screen in my eyes. Some were and are still larger than life to me. I just do not get that feeling with anything new...

WOODMO
Site Admin

Post by WOODMO » January 4th, 2017, 7:21 am

Considering the last 15 years it's been golden age of television, with countless bonafide movie stars, I find that very surprising but I always respect and enjoy OTT's perspective. I'm guessing fame is something that mattered to him as a kid and nostalgically it still does and that's it. Unless he literally watches nothing new lol

overthetop17
Marked Out Pro

Post by overthetop17 » January 4th, 2017, 8:19 am

Considering the last 15 years it's been golden age of television

??? Golden Age? I always thought golden age was Lucy and Honeymooners. I hate shows that are a series..i wanna watch either a show or movie and be done...watching a series is more of a chore to me. Last movie i saw in theatre was "Creed" I have to really want to see something to go to movies nowadays. Maybe a better way of putting it is that none of these people today appeal to me in anyway i feel they do not have anything that makes them special....there is something missing. I say the same for wrestling...its unbearable IMO. The 80's was pure magic....i dont know what this is today. I stopped watching completely. I feel almost the same about music and tv as i do about wrestling...its missing that magic that was once there. The older stuff still gives me that feeling...

ICW
Marked Out King

Post by ICW » January 4th, 2017, 8:48 am

It's definitely a Golden Age for television but, like overthetop17, I just can't sit through a series. It's hard for me because I get distracted by thinking of things I could be doing, like playing The Show or doing something else that's fun. Sitting and watching the TV becomes a chore, no matter how good the show is.
Feel free to visit my blog concerning wrestling conventions, signings, and meet & greets!
https://squaredcirclecons.com/

mikeyicon
Marked Out Pro

Post by mikeyicon » January 4th, 2017, 9:34 pm

Not going to write a lot although I talk about it constantly due to my passion, but I definitely hear what Overthetop is stating, and I think you might have to be somebody who grew up in the 70's or 80's and maybe 90's to truly understand that the arts meant so much more than it does now. I'm in the same mindset, OTT and totally understand what you are stating! The term celebrity does not mean much nowadays due to a lot of reasons obvious and some maybe not as much but I'm too tired at the moment to write.

overthetop17
Marked Out Pro

Post by overthetop17 » January 4th, 2017, 10:43 pm

Not going to write a lot although I talk about it constantly due to my passion, but I definitely hear what Overthetop is stating, and I think you might have to be somebody who grew up in the 70's or 80's and maybe 90's to truly understand that the arts meant so much more than it does now. I'm in the same mindset, OTT and totally understand what you are stating! The term celebrity does not mean much nowadays due to a lot of reasons obvious and some maybe not as much but I'm too tired at the moment to write.
Exactly what I am trying to say.....Thanks man :like:

WOODMO
Site Admin

Post by WOODMO » January 5th, 2017, 7:34 am

The golden age to most include Breaking Bad, Sopranos, etc. The era of the anti hero. I wouldn't even put the Honeymooners above All In The Fanily if we're talking golden sitcom age. Not enough episodes