Post by capman » January 29th, 2017, 7:59 am

and go.....
Attachments
16142387_1724282671234192_1928369689715528836_n.jpg

mrira
Marked Out King

Re: A message from Mark Hamill's daughter on FB

Post by mrira » January 29th, 2017, 8:23 am

Unfortunately, these street dealers usually ruin it for everyone.

WOODMO
Site Admin

Post by WOODMO » January 29th, 2017, 10:23 am

On the surface, what she's saying is true, but when you read a bit deeper, she's describing many of us who even simply want selfies. We wait at places, are sometimes pushy and rude, and seldom take no for answer. It seems like she will typically say they're too busy, and then anyone who doesn't say OK is then labeled a "street dealer" and hence not a real fan, since you do not respect him. She is likely right, we're all just selfish, but I don't think it's really pro any fan in those settings. The "real fans" are largely the ones who pay for it at the "right time" if I had to guess.

Greg2600

Post by Greg2600 » January 29th, 2017, 12:17 pm

The problem is Hamill doesn't do any public appearances aside from the convention or two he does. He doesn't seem to stay very long at hotels when he travels. As a result, he's usually only seen at airports, which are always going to be a big mess, whether graph or selfie. That being said, the daughter is clearly pissed with the nuisance though Mark I'm sure doesn't care.
The Paunch Stevenson Show pop culture podcast : http://www.paunchstevenson.com

class316
Marked Out Historian

Post by class316 » January 29th, 2017, 1:42 pm

As :pauuuse: pointed out fans can be in the same type of spots as dealers, only with different goals.

But she is a hypocrite for calling out ebayers. Hamill after all charges 3 figures for an auto at shows.
Follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/celebmeets
:hcit:
View my celebrity report Blog http://celebmeets.blogspot.com/

ICW
Marked Out King

Post by ICW » January 29th, 2017, 3:52 pm

WOODMO wrote:
January 29th, 2017, 10:23 am
On the surface, what she's saying is true, but when you read a bit deeper, she's describing many of us who even simply want selfies. We wait at places, are sometimes pushy and rude, and seldom take no for answer. It seems like she will typically say they're too busy, and then anyone who doesn't say OK is then labeled a "street dealer" and hence not a real fan, since you do not respect him. She is likely right, we're all just selfish, but I don't think it's really pro any fan in those settings. The "real fans" are largely the ones who pay for it at the "right time" if I had to guess.
If I was a celebrity and a "true fan" was that way, I'd give them nada. I don't blame celebs for saying no.
Feel free to visit my blog concerning wrestling conventions, signings, and meet & greets!
https://squaredcirclecons.com/

AsianDave
Marked Out Master

Post by AsianDave » January 30th, 2017, 5:36 pm

class316 wrote:
January 29th, 2017, 1:42 pm
As :pauuuse: pointed out fans can be in the same type of spots as dealers, only with different goals.

But she is a hypocrite for calling out ebayers. Hamill after all charges 3 figures for an auto at shows.
how is she a hypocrite for calling out eBayers? She's only calling out the greedy assholes who stalk and hustle him for multiples! If everyone just got (ONE) 'graph from Hamill and went their merry way, Mark would probably stop for often than not! Hamill is as nice a guy as there is, but assholes dealers need like 20 damn things signed, which they in turn will sell for hundreds! So who are you question him for charging 3 figures! how about you, as a dealer, question yourself how much you charge on eBay for your crap!

your last excursion for Lee Greenwood...why in the hell did you need so many 'graphs from the man! So you ARE one of those assholes as well, Steve! Get your one and leave the guy alone! Hypocrite my ass!

ICW
Marked Out King

Post by ICW » January 30th, 2017, 7:44 pm

AsianDave wrote:
January 30th, 2017, 5:36 pm
class316 wrote:
January 29th, 2017, 1:42 pm

how is she a hypocrite for calling out eBayers? She's only calling out the greedy assholes who stalk and hustle him for multiples! If everyone just got (ONE) 'graph from Hamill and went their merry way, Mark would probably stop for often than not! Hamill is as nice a guy as there is, but assholes dealers need like 20 damn things signed, which they in turn will sell for hundreds! So who are you question him for charging 3 figures! how about you, as a dealer, question yourself how much you charge on eBay for your crap!

your last excursion for Lee Greenwood...why in the hell did you need so many 'graphs from the man! So you ARE one of those assholes as well, Steve! Get your one and leave the guy alone! Hypocrite my ass!
I've seen videos/photos of dealers getting 20 *of the same item* signed
Feel free to visit my blog concerning wrestling conventions, signings, and meet & greets!
https://squaredcirclecons.com/

class316
Marked Out Historian

Post by class316 » January 30th, 2017, 11:16 pm

My point is she is calling people out for wanting to make a buck, yet he does the exact same things at cons.

And so what if I get multiples? Need to make my time more worthwhile. Combo hunting costs money and I need to recuperate my losses as much as possible - and make a little money to feed myself and :fluffy:
Follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/celebmeets
:hcit:
View my celebrity report Blog http://celebmeets.blogspot.com/

Gumby
Marked Out Pro

Post by Gumby » January 31st, 2017, 12:22 am

calling people out for wanting to make a buck, yet he does the exact same things at cons
Mark Hamill has a right to earn a living off his name more than anybody else.
how is she a hypocrite for calling out eBayers? She's only calling out the greedy assholes who stalk and hustle him for multiples!Hamill is as nice a guy as there is, but assholes dealers need like 20 damn things signed, which they in turn will sell for hundreds! So who are you question him for charging 3 figures! how about you, as a dealer, question yourself how much you charge on eBay for your crap!
I've seen videos/photos of dealers getting 20 *of the same item* signed
So true.

Luke
Marked Out King

Post by Luke » January 31st, 2017, 8:43 pm

class316 wrote:
January 30th, 2017, 11:16 pm
and make a little money to feed myself and :fluffy:
Job?

capman
Marked Out Pro

Post by capman » February 25th, 2017, 10:00 pm

This may be what she was talking about :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-sVuNB4eGY

Greg2600

Post by Greg2600 » February 25th, 2017, 10:23 pm

She's out of her mind. Mark looks completely fine with signing.
The Paunch Stevenson Show pop culture podcast : http://www.paunchstevenson.com

AsianDave
Marked Out Master

Post by AsianDave » February 26th, 2017, 2:46 pm

Greg2600 wrote:
February 25th, 2017, 10:23 pm
She's out of her mind. Mark looks completely fine with signing.
Dude, u and I must be watching a different vid! Just by his expression alone, He clearly looks stressed out! Mark Hamill is one guy who doesn't want to come off looking like an ahole and not sign for somebody. But man, these dealers really overwhelmed him so I say, kudos to his daughter for looking out!