Speak freely about life and everything in it
class316
Marked Out God

RIP Fluffy (2008 - 2017)

Post by class316 »

RIP Fluffy
:fluffy:
2008 - 2017

It has been the most shocking and devastating 12-18 hours. The early morning of Friday August 25, 2017 Fluffy was annoying me as he woke me up so I could take him out for a piss. Some 6-8 hours later he didn't seem right. He looked sick and began to vomit. No big deal, he has vomited many times in the past. I figured I would see what happens overnight and if he's ill by morning I would take him to the vet (his shit was normal). I leave the house, then I return later only to find him lying down breathing heavily. At certain times he would cry in pain but would not respond to the water I tried giving him.

Rushed him to emergency care and they tell me it seems neurological and that he wasn't responding due to being in a coma state. He was also epileptic as he was having seizures. Kept him there for about 7 hours and he didn't respond to any of their treatments nor could they tell me exactly what was wrong with him unless much more money was paid. I was told by his regular vet that upping his treatment would be super expensive and likely yield no positive results. This Saturday morning I had to end his misery and proceeded to cremate him.

I love you Fluffy, gone too soon. He almost made 9 years old. And it happened so suddenly. He was normal then he was sick then he was far gone. I feel like I failed him. I'm so sorry Fluffy, I hope you forgive me. I am devastated and as I entered the house with his ashes I was expecting him to greet me like he usually does and burst in tears when he didn't. I can't believe he's not here.

Last edited by class316 on August 27th, 2017, 9:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
lanza218
Site Admin

Re: RIP Fluffy (2008 - 2017)

Post by lanza218 »

Sorry to hear, you didnt fail him
Greg2600
Site Admin

Post by Greg2600 »

:fluffy:

Could have been many different causes, but the fact he was comatose probably little that could be done within humane reason. Good bye to Fluffy.
The Paunch Stevenson Show pop culture podcast
WOODMO
Site Admin

Post by WOODMO »

It's not your fault man. You couldn't have done anything and you did all you could. As I already told you this morning, I'm very sorry for your loss. The Fluffy Smiley will live on forever v
16times
Marked Out King

Post by 16times »

I was sorry to hear about this, Class. When we get a dog, we kinda make a deal with life...For a few years, you'll have a friend like no other, and then get your heart broken when it's time to say goodbye. But in those years you have together, you'll have a companion that provides the very best kind of loyalty and love.
"Every time you score a photo op, an angel gets his wings!"
mrira
Marked Out Master

Post by mrira »

Sorry for your loss, now Fluffy is free of pain.
class316
Marked Out God

Post by class316 »

My mind still cannot accept that he is gone. Thought I'd go to pick up some stuff from Wal Mart to get my mind off of him, I put my shoes on expecting him to react (as he knew if I put on my shoes I'm going out) then felt the sting when no one reacted. I then shut the door of my computer room as I normally do before going out (in order to prevent him from entering it), when the door slammed shut I realized what I had just done and subsequently burst into tears.

I still can't get myself to clean up after him, as it would be the last time I ever do so.

oldschoolwwwf
Marked Out Master

Post by oldschoolwwwf »

sorry to hear about your loss..
prowrestlingmall
Full Fledged Mark

Post by prowrestlingmall »

I'm sorry for your loss Steve...
ICW
Marked Out Master

Post by ICW »

Very sorry for your loss
Feel free to visit my blog concerning wrestling conventions, signings, and meet & greets!
https://squaredcirclecons.com/