People camp out in the freezing cold for Hamilton tickets

Speak freely about life and everything in it
class316
Marked Out God

People camp out in the freezing cold for Hamilton tickets

Post by class316 »

I went to a spot for combos and saw all these people camping overnight in the freezing cold, lined up for Hamilton tickets.

Some on here have criticized the importance that me and others place on combos. My response to those people was that this means more to some than to others. This is yet another example.

To me, tickets to see Hamilton are of zero importance. If someone knocked on my door and offered me front row tickets for $10, I'd decline without a thought. Yet to all these people it is so important that they are camping in the cold overnight to pay some good money for tickets that likely won't be front row. It's truly amazing how different things mean more to some than others in life (combos or otherwise).
Follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/celebmeets
crowbar
Marked Out King

Re: People camp out in the freezing cold for Hamilton tickets

Post by crowbar »

They do this in the city as well.. waiting that long for any show is dumb but whatever to each there own
mrira
Marked Out Master

Post by mrira »

I'd never do it, but if Lin-Manuel Miranda is performing I'd understand it a bit more.
lanza218
Site Admin

Post by lanza218 »

Its not shocking. Class is just a moron
class316
Marked Out God

Post by class316 »

crowbar wrote: March 30th, 2018, 6:50 pm They do this in the city as well.. waiting that long for any show is dumb but whatever to each there own
I know it's done. But that is my point. Different things may mean more to some than to others.

Personally, if I'm waiting overnight in the cold for someone, it has to be a guaranteed A lister. I'd never do it for any show, and SURELY not Hamilton. But to these people Hamilton tickets are obviously of very high importance. As you said to each their own.
WOODMO
Site Admin

Post by WOODMO »

class316 wrote: April 2nd, 2018, 2:29 pm I know it's done. But that is my point. Different things may mean more to some than to others.
This fact needed a thread to drive it home?
class316
Marked Out God

Post by class316 »

WOODMO wrote: April 2nd, 2018, 2:52 pm needed a thread to drive it home?
Yes. Because a lot of people on here frown upon the importance some board members place on combos.
oldschoolwwwf
Marked Out Master

Post by oldschoolwwwf »

Seeing this from the other side, I'd gladly camp out to see Hamilton before I'd spend the hours to meet most of the celebs that people do.. Hamilton was something that I will always remember seeing... a cumbo with a bunch of pokemons doesn't exactly have the same impact for me...plus Hamilton is something I see for me...I have always felt that for a bunch of people on the board, its more about impressing others with who you have met than you actually caring about the meet..that said, I wouldnt camp out for either.
djknightrida
Marked Out Master

Post by djknightrida »

lanza218 wrote: April 1st, 2018, 1:31 pm Its not shocking. Class is just a moron
No doubt! Front row for $10?!? Sell that and use it for real food instead of Chinese buffet & ketchup sandwiches.
2017 Most Unique Photo Winner

:dj:
class316
Marked Out God

Post by class316 »

djknightrida wrote: April 2nd, 2018, 5:16 pmNo doubt! Front row for $10?!? Sell that and use it for real food instead of Chinese buffet & ketchup sandwiches.
Why are you over analyzing. Obviously I'd buy it just to sell it, but that was besides my point. I was going under the notion that I would have to actually use it.
WOODMO
Site Admin

Post by WOODMO »

class316 wrote: April 2nd, 2018, 5:22 pm
djknightrida wrote: April 2nd, 2018, 5:16 pmNo doubt! Front row for $10?!? Sell that and use it for real food instead of Chinese buffet & ketchup sandwiches.
Why are you over analyzing. Obviously I'd buy it just to sell it, but that was besides my point. I was going under the notion that I would have to actually use it.
Why not analyze? The profit is likely a real reason most did this. You love examining every molecule of issues when it fits your agenda but once analyzing your point pokes holes you instantly spin to “don’t over analyze”
class316
Marked Out God

Post by class316 »

WOODMO wrote: April 3rd, 2018, 8:41 am
Why not analyze? The profit is likely a real reason most did this. You love examining every molecule of issues when it fits your agenda but once analyzing your point pokes holes you instantly spin to “don’t over analyze”
Most people in line looked nothing like the type who would do dell for profit. And none of those people are paying $10 so how much profit can they make? Plus it's not a band concert where they play one night it's a multi night play. Even if they sell tickets they surely won't make enough money that warrents waiting in the cold overnight
AJLe
Marked Out Master

Post by AJLe »

Tickets go anywhere from $300 to $1100 or more on Ticketmaster, so if you score one of these $10 tickets via lottery, you're saving massive amounts of money, even if you aren't able to resell.
class316
Marked Out God

Post by class316 »

AJLe wrote: April 3rd, 2018, 12:32 pm Tickets go anywhere from $300 to $1100 or more on Ticketmaster, so if you score one of these $10 tickets via lottery, you're saving massive amounts of money, even if you aren't able to resell.
Right. And these people were standing in line to buy said tickets for $300 to $1100.

My point is I wouldn't care to buy it for $10 and watch the show, much less camp overnight in the cold to buy it for $300 to $1100. Hence illustrating how different things can mean more to some than to others.
AJLe
Marked Out Master

Post by AJLe »

I have no idea when or where you were taking pictures, but Hamilton demand is so high they have $10 lottery tickets they give out (very few), and $40 standing room only tickets that they sell in the cancellation line.

If people just wanted to pay the hefty full price (or more), those tickets can easily be bought through ticketmaster or secondary ticket markets 24/7 from the comfort of home, so I really doubt that is what the line you saw was for. It was likely either a cancellation/standby line, or some sort of discount ticket availability.

Regardless, it doesn't make your initial post any less silly and pointless: "Different people like different things" Yeah, breaking news there.