Talk To Me About Crypto... Bitcoin, Ethereum, Litecoin, Ripple, etc.

Speak freely about life and everything in it
THE MOOCH
Marked Out King

Talk To Me About Crypto... Bitcoin, Ethereum, Litecoin, Ripple, etc.

Post by THE MOOCH »

The Mooch is interested in hearing about the board's reaction to Cryptocurrency. Talk to me about it. Then, I'll post my thoughts!

:mooch:
lanza218
Site Admin

Re: Talk To Me About Crypto... Bitcoin, Ethereum, Litecoin, Ripple, etc.

Post by lanza218 »

Scam
Greg2600
Site Admin

Post by Greg2600 »

They're all really filmsy, but if you got in cheap, and sold high, you did well.
The Paunch Stevenson Show pop culture podcast
class316
Marked Out God

Post by class316 »

Essentially what :greg: said

If you bought just $20 worth 5-10 years ago you'd be a millionaire today. If you bought $100 worth you'd be set for life. :punches: :killme: :cries: :facepalm2: :holy: :1distraught: :crying:

To think all of one's life problems could have been solved not by hard work and dedication, not by one's talent, not by winning the lotto, but by spending $20 or more on digital currency. Who would have thought!

But buying it today, you're basically playing with fire. Could make a few grand or could lose a few grand.

As for practical everyday uses, there really is none unless you deal with things like drugs, arms, child p0rn, or other illegal things of that nature. The rise of bitcoin as a financial commodity was basically a gift to those people as they already had them in their possession.
Follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/celebmeets
THE MOOCH
Marked Out King

Post by THE MOOCH »

I'm surprised you guys are so uneducated on Crypto.

Funny Story: One of my friends (who likes drugs) would buy Bitcoin to then buy drugs in 2013-2014 for like ~ $100 per coin. He estimates he had around 100 bitcoins over the time and if he didn't like drugs so much and just kept the Bitcoin he would be a millionaire. Unfortunately, I was introduced to Bitcoin around then and just thought the same as you guys that it was some big scam. I made my account in 2015 when it was under $1000, but it was too much of a hassle to verify my account to then make a purchase, so I never did it.

Now, I've done my research over the past year or so and realized how incredible the technology is. Even though I've only made a little profit from my investments at this point, I am very excited about the future of it. More and more places are accepting cryptocurrency as forms of payment as the tech grows and not just these dingy places as class mentioned.

Unfortunately, as an investment, is is very volatile as no one controls the price, it is only what people are willing to pay. However, that is some of the beauty of it as no bank, government or sole entity has complete control. I definitely think you guys should look into it!

:mooch:
lanza218
Site Admin

Post by lanza218 »

class316 wrote: April 14th, 2018, 12:48 pm Essentially what :greg: said

If you bought just $20 worth 5-10 years ago you'd be a millionaire today. If you bought $100 worth you'd be set for life. :punches: :killme: :cries: :facepalm2: :holy: :1distraught: :crying:

To think all of one's life problems could have been solved not by hard work and dedication, not by one's talent, not by winning the lotto, but by spending $20 or more on digital currency. Who would have thought!

But buying it today, you're basically playing with fire. Could make a few grand or could lose a few grand.

As for practical everyday uses, there really is none unless you deal with things like drugs, arms, child p0rn, or other illegal things of that nature. The rise of bitcoin as a financial commodity was basically a gift to those people as they already had them in their possession.
False. Ud have to find someone to buy it from u....which aint easy
lanza218
Site Admin

Post by lanza218 »

THE MOOCH wrote: April 14th, 2018, 5:20 pm I'm surprised you guys are so uneducated on Crypto.

Funny Story: One of my friends (who likes drugs) would buy Bitcoin to then buy drugs in 2013-2014 for like ~ $100 per coin. He estimates he had around 100 bitcoins over the time and if he didn't like drugs so much and just kept the Bitcoin he would be a millionaire. Unfortunately, I was introduced to Bitcoin around then and just thought the same as you guys that it was some big scam. I made my account in 2015 when it was under $1000, but it was too much of a hassle to verify my account to then make a purchase, so I never did it.

Now, I've done my research over the past year or so and realized how incredible the technology is. Even though I've only made a little profit from my investments at this point, I am very excited about the future of it. More and more places are accepting cryptocurrency as forms of payment as the tech grows and not just these dingy places as class mentioned.

Unfortunately, as an investment, is is very volatile as no one controls the price, it is only what people are willing to pay. However, that is some of the beauty of it as no bank, government or sole entity has complete control. I definitely think you guys should look into it!

Quite educated on it actually. But it wont stay like this and a barter system across the world will never happen
class316
Marked Out God

Post by class316 »

THE MOOCH wrote: April 14th, 2018, 5:20 pm I'm surprised you guys are so uneducated on Crypto.

Curious why you accuse us of being uneducated. Aside from your statement that more places are accepting cryptocurrency, you basically say the same thing all of us do.

I agree the great thing about it is no bank or government controls it, which is why it's a shame that I don't think it will be very mainstream. Most people don't realize it but despite its name the US federal reserve is actually a private entity and not a governmental entity. So basically a private entity controls the supply of US currency.
lanza218 wrote: April 14th, 2018, 6:35 pm False. Ud have to find someone to buy it from u....which aint easy
Bitcoin spot price is now at 8K. I would think one could easily sell it at 6K. Imagine if you bought many when they were dirt cheap.
Follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/celebmeets
lanza218
Site Admin

Post by lanza218 »

It is increasing hard to find buyers on dark web with how unstable the market is