Things I Love...

Speak freely about life and everything in it
WOODMO
Site Admin

Re: Things I Love...

Post by WOODMO »

Greg2600 wrote: June 27th, 2017, 11:48 am Jesus Christ Class. Honestly, I ignore your bickering with bigman, so 99% of what I read from bigman is completely valid and he's a good contributor.
ICW
Marked Out Master

Post by ICW »

The solution seems really obvious: people need to stay on fucking topic and stop going off on never-ending arguments, 99% of which are arguments that have been already been made.
Feel free to visit my blog concerning wrestling conventions, signings, and meet & greets!
https://squaredcirclecons.com/
WOODMO
Site Admin

Post by WOODMO »

viewtopic.php?f=24&p=254516#p254516

Everyone please check my statement out. Problem should be solved.
ICW
Marked Out Master

Post by ICW »

Buying a standard pack in MLB: The Show and pulling a Robinson Cano ;)
Feel free to visit my blog concerning wrestling conventions, signings, and meet & greets!
https://squaredcirclecons.com/
djknightrida
Marked Out Master

Post by djknightrida »

Cubs finally finding their groove.
Bryant not seriously injured.
Yankees being trade raped.
2017 Most Unique Photo Winner

:dj:
lanza218
Site Admin

Post by lanza218 »

Wasnt trade rape at all
WOODMO
Site Admin

Post by WOODMO »

I don't get your fandom dude!! Lol

You're an NL Central fan who spends time dissecting an AL East team's moves.

You're a Cubs fan who doesn't live in or come from Chicago.

It all just seems so random
djknightrida
Marked Out Master

Post by djknightrida »

WOODMO wrote: July 20th, 2017, 8:23 am I don't get your fandom dude!! Lol

You're an NL Central fan who spends time dissecting an AL East team's moves.

You're a Cubs fan who doesn't live in or come from Chicago.

It all just seems so random
If you really must know the answer is 1993.

It's the year Barry Bonds went to SF. Being my fav player I opted to stop liking Pittsburgh and have my fandom follow him. Since I picked a fav baseball team I also opted to pick my favs in other sports since I was a kid, just look at who was good then. Dallas Cowboys, Orlando Magic, UNC & FSU. Once Bonds retired I knew he was the main reason I was a giants fan and although I still support them they just weren't really a favorite. I again followed players I liked as Dusty Baker and a number of former Giants headed to the Northside. They also had a young upstart pitcher named Mark Prior who I had crowned my new fav player since Barry was blackballed by mlb after his alleged crimes against baseball. A couple of years later roadtripped to Wrigley & fell in love with the stadium & fans. And that is how DJ became the boards Cubs supporter.

WOODMO
Site Admin

Post by WOODMO »

So why hate the Yankees more than say, the Cardinals?
class316
Marked Out God

Post by class316 »

djknightrida wrote: July 20th, 2017, 5:57 pm

It's the year Barry Bonds went to SF. Being my fav player I opted to stop liking Pittsburgh and have my fandom follow him. Since I picked a fav baseball team I also opted to pick my favs in other sports since I was a kid, just look at who was good then. Dallas Cowboys, Orlando Magic, UNC & FSU. Once Bonds retired I knew he was the main reason I was a giants fan and although I still support them they just weren't really a favorite. I again followed players I liked as Dusty Baker and a number of former Giants headed to the Northside. They also had a young upstart pitcher named Mark Prior who I had crowned my new fav player since Barry was blackballed by mlb after his alleged crimes against baseball. A couple of years later roadtripped to Wrigley & fell in love with the stadium & fans. And that is how DJ became the boards Cubs supporter.
I tried to follow this to find out how :dj: became a cubs supporter. But I failed as my reaction was this face :haeeeh:
Follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/celebmeets
WOODMO
Site Admin

Post by WOODMO »

class316 wrote: July 21st, 2017, 1:26 am
djknightrida wrote: July 20th, 2017, 5:57 pm

I tried to follow this to find out how :dj: became a cubs supporter. But I failed as my reaction was this face :haeeeh:
His reasons are somewhat common. To me, picking your favorite team for any reason other than hometown connection is just manufactured and hard to really view the same as I do a loyal hometown fan. But that is said with zero disrespect, DJ is down with his team in good and bad times, but I just always have a bias when I see someone rooting for a team from a city they never lived in.
djknightrida
Marked Out Master

Post by djknightrida »

WOODMO wrote: July 20th, 2017, 9:22 pm So why hate the Yankees more than say, the Cardinals?
A few reasons:
family who are fans
never cared for most of their players especially Jeter and Rivera.
Benefited from the lack of a baseball salary cap for a decade (prime example being getting Randy Johnson)
News coverage focusing on them just because they are a big market team

Just a few reasons

djknightrida
Marked Out Master

Post by djknightrida »

Living life and enjoying it no matter how much :fuckmoney: it costs

lanza218