Mauro Ranallo not returning to WWE (JBL is a bully)

ICW
Marked Out Master

Mauro Ranallo not returning to WWE (JBL is a bully)

Post by ICW » April 9th, 2017, 5:29 pm

Here's how the story goes:

Mauro Ranallo suffers from a bipolar disorder. This is something fairly well known and he's become something of an advocate for mental health awareness. If you watch Smackdown Live, JBL has been taking digs at Ranallo from the very beginning of their pairing. He's gone after Mauro's tendency to "re-tweet" his fans and for his use of Twitter overall and said he blocked Mauro on Twitter. Everyone assumed this was the JBL character being the JBL character, an obnoxious heel character ragging on the babyface play-by-play man.

Ranallo won the Wrestling Observer Newsletter's "Best Commentator of the Year" award and tweeted out "Honored to Have won the award two years in a row." According to Meltzer, this legitimately set JBL off. He must've said something that got back to Ranallo because he then tweeted, "Jealousy is one hell of a drug."

Just a few hours later, WWE aired an episode of Bring it to the Table in which host Peter Rosenberg brought up Mauro's acknowledgement of winning the Observer award. JBL, who was on the show, tore into Mauro.

Mauro then missed a Smackdown Live the next day. This was when a blizzard hit the Northeast (Smackdown was in Pittsburgh) and WWE claimed Mauro missed the show because of the weather. JBL goes on Twitter and admonishes Mauro for missing the show, saying everyone else made it and it was a poor excuse.

That was the last time JBL tweeted about Mauro,who has not appeared on WWE television since. It's now being reported that WWE is allowing Mauro's contract to expire. Coinciding with all of this is the release of Justin Robert's book, where he goes into great detail about what a bully JBL is, including JBL trying to steal his passport. JBL denied this charge and called Roberts an idea on Twitter.

JBL has had several reported incidents of bullying, including:

-Brutally beating up the Public Enemy w/Ron Simmons on Sunday Night Heat.
-Brutally assaulting the Blue Meanie during ECW One Night Stand
-Asking MNM to steal Justin Robert's passport (confirmed by John Morrison)
-The Hardy's recount JBL moving their bags from the locker room after they refused to drink and drive
-Bullying Joey Styles, who sucker punched him

And plenty of more.
Feel free to visit my blog concerning wrestling conventions, signings, and meet & greets!
https://squaredcirclecons.com/

mrira
Marked Out King

Re: Mauro Ranallo not returning to WWE (JBL is a bully)

Post by mrira » April 10th, 2017, 6:17 am

JBL certainly came off as a jerk in Justin's book. Sort of dangerous to have someone in a company that is such a big part of the Anti-bullying campaign, but it seems like Vince may be a bit of a bully himself.

WOODMO
Site Admin

Post by WOODMO » April 10th, 2017, 7:55 am

JBL is great, bullying the boys and ribbing is part of the business. Nothing he did should cause a grown man to quit his job. Mauro needs to man up.

ICW
Marked Out Master

Post by ICW » April 10th, 2017, 8:37 am

WOODMO wrote:
April 10th, 2017, 7:55 am
JBL is great, bullying the boys and ribbing is part of the business. Nothing he did should cause a grown man to quit his job. Mauro needs to man up.
JBL is also 50 years old and hammering someone with a mental illness soooooo.....
Feel free to visit my blog concerning wrestling conventions, signings, and meet & greets!
https://squaredcirclecons.com/

Greg2600

Post by Greg2600 » April 10th, 2017, 9:43 am

How you guys continue to watch this company, that's my question? HA ha ha ha ha!
The Paunch Stevenson Show pop culture podcast : http://www.paunchstevenson.com

WOODMO
Site Admin

Post by WOODMO » April 10th, 2017, 10:42 am

ICW wrote:
April 10th, 2017, 8:37 am
WOODMO wrote:
April 10th, 2017, 7:55 am
JBL is also 50 years old and hammering someone with a mental illness soooooo.....
Allow me to preface this, as it is all coming from someone who HAS teased and bullied in their life, even today, so my tendency to minimize what JBL is doing cannot be ignored. I'm self aware enough to realize I probably have a completely different definition of acceptable.

To me, nothing that is described here comes close to hammering him. He made fun of his Twitter use and excitement over winning a dirt sheet award. What's so wrong with that? I make fun of friends for much less, and they tease me for shit that happens, it's life or at least it should be. To my knowledge he never assaulted, threatened, or in any way made him feel unsafe in the workplace.

Of course, I can only base this on what has been written, I cannot know what really happened. There could be more news that would make me have some sympathy, but right now I just see a guy who can't take some ball-busting and if I knew him he'd probably hate me just as much as JBL. I just think this is JBL's nature, and you can't ban lions acting like lions just to spare all the gazelles from having their feelings get hurt.

lanza218
Site Admin

Post by lanza218 » April 10th, 2017, 2:56 pm

Some of his "ribbing" isnt really ribbing, like stealing a passport and havinv someone else do ur dirty work. I dont think what je did in this specific instance is bullyimg, now maybe more was done behimd the scenes, and maybe it has to do more with Mauros condition as well.

WOODMO
Site Admin

Post by WOODMO » April 11th, 2017, 1:33 am

The passport thing was too far, I agree. As was him assaulting people. Even if the stories make me laugh I can't really defend it.

lanza218
Site Admin

Post by lanza218 » April 14th, 2017, 3:22 pm

Not a good look here:

WrestlingRumors.net

SEARCH
WWE Reportedly Wants to Keep Mauro Silent on JBL Issue

This keeps sounding worse. One of the major stories over the last two weeks has been Mauro Ranallo being taken off WWE TV as he recovers from issues involving Bipolar Disorder. These issues were allegedly brought on by John Bradshaw Layfield (JBL) regularly insulting and berating Ranallo. Now things are starting to get more interesting.

According to the Wrestling Observer Newsletter, WWE is making an attempt to keep Ranallo from being allowed to talk about the incidents. While Ranallo, who is under contract until August, isn’t allowed to give interviews not authorized by WWE, the company is trying to prevent him from speaking about the JBL issue in any way.
At press time, neither Ranallo nor WWE have made any statements on the case past WWE saying Ranallo is under contract through 8/12. Ranallo’s contract doesn’t allow him to give unauthorized interviews on WWE and the belief is that WWE is working hard to come to a settlement that would include an agreement that he not publicly talk about the issue.

Source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter

Jason1980s
Marked Out Pro

Post by Jason1980s » April 14th, 2017, 5:16 pm

The bullying stories have been going on for nearly 20 years and to me, it's crazy that JBL has lasted so long with WWE. Not so much for the bullying, for the bullying and the fact that he was never really a big talent. Sad to think that way but really, as Paul Heyman suggested "Triple H didn't want to work Tuesdays." Bradshaw had the Hawk singles run and that went no where. Then the New Blackjacks was dead on arrival. Acolytes, as the ministry characters was dull. It wasn't until they took he and Simmons and made the characters more life-like.
You'd think that after Joey Styles punched him, along with being 50 or so years old, that the whole bullying thing would just subside. I don't watch WWE anymore and just now heard of Ranallo but hopefully he can take this as far as he can. And since we talk politics sometimes, it really doesn't surprise me that JBL is a financial analyst on Fox News, whose most popular employee is under fire for continual sexual harassment scandals.
Book WWE Hall of Famer's Nikolai Volkoff and Jimmy Valiant for your event!!
PM me!

https://www.facebook.com/JasonAKAJasonS

http://www.jimmyvaliant.weebly.com/

Meet WWE Hall of Famer Jimmy Valiant ANY Sunday 12 noon to 4 PM at Boogie's Wrestling Camp located at
2916 Alleghany Springs Road in Shawsville Virginia. Free of charge!

"I'll never forget what the WWE took away from me. I also want to say I'll never forget all the great things they gave to me"-Bret Hart

WOODMO
Site Admin

Post by WOODMO » April 14th, 2017, 7:00 pm

Jason1980s wrote:
April 14th, 2017, 5:16 pm
And since we talk politics sometimes, it really doesn't surprise me that JBL is a financial analyst on Fox News, whose most popular employee is under fire for continual sexual harassment scandals.
Ah come on man, that's a reach. First of all, people on both sides of the aisle get in hot water, just look at Clinton. Secondly, in this day and age you can get into sexual harassment hot water by breathing too closely to someone. O'Reilly is a hypocrite who would run a rapper or similar entertainer through the ringer for similar allegations, but it's not that big of a deal in and of itself and has little to do with JBL being a bully.

As for lack of talent, I personally loved the JBL character and run on Smackdown. The stuff with Mysterio, especially the promo at the border was gold.

Jason1980s
Marked Out Pro

Post by Jason1980s » April 14th, 2017, 9:07 pm

Just saying it really doesn't surprise me he has a working relationship with the network. Hopefully with social media being so popular now, it will really bring to light what type of person JBL has been for nearly 20 years. If there's any kind of justice, JBL's purgatory will be having to watch, non stop, the ending of his Brawl For All fight with Bart Gunn and getting knocked out. One of the WWF writers, I think Bruce Prichard, said the whole tournament came about from JBL saying he could beat any wrestler in a real fight. You could tell the embarrassment in his face when he lost to Bart.
Book WWE Hall of Famer's Nikolai Volkoff and Jimmy Valiant for your event!!
PM me!

https://www.facebook.com/JasonAKAJasonS

http://www.jimmyvaliant.weebly.com/

Meet WWE Hall of Famer Jimmy Valiant ANY Sunday 12 noon to 4 PM at Boogie's Wrestling Camp located at
2916 Alleghany Springs Road in Shawsville Virginia. Free of charge!

"I'll never forget what the WWE took away from me. I also want to say I'll never forget all the great things they gave to me"-Bret Hart

AJLe
Marked Out Master

Post by AJLe » April 15th, 2017, 1:41 pm

Jason1980s wrote:
April 14th, 2017, 9:07 pm
One of the WWF writers, I think Bruce Prichard, said the whole tournament came about from JBL saying he could beat any wrestler in a real fight. You could tell the embarrassment in his face when he lost to Bart.
I heard the same quote from Vince Russo too, but I think they're both full of shit. Not to say JBL isn't a blowhard asshole, but first of all, both Ken Shamrock and Dan Severn were in the WWF locker room at the time. So if JBL would have openly said such a thing, one or both of them probably would have called his bluff to his face (and either whipped him or made him back down in front of the locker room) long before BFA ever became a TV gimmick. Secondly, it seemed obvious to me at the time that BFA was meant to get Dr. Death over, thinking that he would likely win it. Of course, Bart Gunn threw a monkey wrench into those plans.

Regardless, I wouldn't take anything coming from the mouth of Prichard or Russo without a huge grain of salt.

mrira
Marked Out King

Post by mrira » June 22nd, 2017, 5:33 pm

Guess WWE wanted him back because Ranallo is now the new NXT announcer as well as announcing Bellator & The Mayweather/McGregor fight. A whole lot of :fuckmoney: for him.