Dave Meltzer: Kenny Omega staying with NJPW BUT...

ICW
Marked Out King

Dave Meltzer: Kenny Omega staying with NJPW BUT...

Post by ICW » January 9th, 2017, 8:31 am

From this morning's WOR:
My presumption is that he (Cena) is that he's just doing Conor McGregor and he's just having fun, and he's just trying to keep his name in the news after that thing. That's my presumption. Now the one thing I have been told by many people that he's under a deal and he's coming back in March to New Japan; HOWEVER, however, however, what I do know is that his deal expires January 31st so he's not going to be in the Royal Rumble but the Kenny Omega tweet was just what I figured it was but John Cena is not going to shill for Kenny Omega tweet so I did find that very interesting. So, again, I'm not sure exactly what that all means but, again, John Cena is not getting Kenny Omega's angle over and John Cena - everyone will bring up the last time he did that was for AJ but the difference was when he did it for AJ, everybody already knew AJ was coming, that wasn't like some big secret ya know? I mean we all knew on January 4th that AJ was coming. He didn't do that tweet until like January 20th or something. I mean this is something different, so, that makes me think that they think there may be something there...
Alvarez then suggested that maybe Omega had every intention to stay with NJPW but perhaps was told that WWE would make him a blow away offer and gave him something to thing about. More Meltz:
If I'm WWE and I watch this it's like "hey, not only do I want to bring him in, I want to bring him in as legitimately the top guy in the company. I mean I could see that. They're desperately looking for someone. They've got their pick but the guy that they picked isn't the right guy and Finn Balor is not a young guy - Finn Balor is not the guy they picked but I'm just throwing around names. Finn Balor is not a young guy, AJ Styles is almost 40...that's not the answer. So a guy like him (Omega) would be valuable as hell. He proved everything. He proved that he could draw, he proved he can talk, I mean in the last year he's certainly proved that he can work - the only thing he didn't prove is that he can do it without killing himself. Again, it's not 100% foolproof but fantastic performer so, yeah, I mean anything's possible. There's a lot of stuff that's going down right now. There's a lot of stuff that's going down right now in a lot of different places but I don't know...like again, the people that I know from New Japan believe that Kenny is with them and that that tweet is him messing with people. He's supposed to be back. He is going to miss the next tour. I do believe that he probably thought - and you could see it in his promos - if they're going to go worldwide, that he's the guy not Okada, to be the leader of the company and I agree with that.
Alvarez then reads Omega's recent quote about NJPW going worldwide. Meltzer continues:
So I would say that, again, if he's renewed, he's renewed, I don't know that he's renewed but again I know people there who have told me, "Oh yeah he's already renewed so but I don't know if that's factual. The only thing I know that is factual is that his old contract expires January 31st, he's supposed to be in the New Japan Cup, and my idea of what to do with him is not their idea of what to do with him - which may not be good.
Feel free to visit my blog concerning wrestling conventions, signings, and meet & greets!
https://squaredcirclecons.com/

WOODMO
Site Admin

Re: Dave Meltzer: Kenny Omega staying with NJPW BUT...

Post by WOODMO » January 9th, 2017, 9:36 am

WWE will eventually make this guy an offer he cannot refuse, and he will be on Instagram posing with Triple H. It's a matter of time, and I think he knows exactly what he's doing.

WOODMO
Site Admin

Post by WOODMO » January 9th, 2017, 2:41 pm

As Kenny Omega noted a few day sago, he says that he is taking time off from Japan. The presumption is that he will be back in Japan in several weeks while he takes some time to heal up from his awesome match with Kazuchika Okada at Wrestle Kingdom 11 but that has not stopped the speculation about a potential future with WWE and John Cena’s Instagram post has added more fuel to those rumors.

However, I should note that Omega’s NJPW contract expires on 1/31 and he is on WWE’s radar and there’s a bunch of people in WWE that want him. The Royal Rumble takes place on 1/29 so he couldn’t appear there even if he chose to sign with them.

Omega has said publicly that he is not interested in going to WWE but plenty of wrestlers have said that before and then the money offer was too good to turn down. It’s worth nothing that New Japan has plans to expand internationally this year and they have announced that they will be doing shows in the United States. Omega would be the guy that would be the best face of the company for their expansion so you’d think that he would get a really good money offer to stay with them. On the flip side, WWE would probably have even more interest in him if it means that they could slow down NJPW’s international expansion.
http://wrestlingnews.co/wwe-news/update ... we-rumors/

Gumby
Marked Out Pro

Post by Gumby » January 13th, 2017, 5:55 pm

Kenny Omega should never go to WWF.