WWE Sets Draft Rules

lanza218
Site Admin

WWE Sets Draft Rules

Post by lanza218 » July 18th, 2016, 4:32 pm

WWE has announced rules for this Tuesday's draft live on SmackDown. Make sure to check back Tuesday for live coverage right here on Lords of Pain.

Raw has the first overall pick
Since SmackDown Live is a two-hour show and Raw is three hours, for every two picks SmackDown Live receives, Raw will receive three picks
Tag teams count as one pick unless a Commissioner/General Manager specifically only wants one member of the team
Six draft picks will be made off the NXT roster

The list of current WWE Superstars eligible for the WWE Draft will be as follows:

Male Superstars

AJ Styles
Alberto Del Rio
Apollo Crews
Baron Corbin
Big Show
Braun Strowman
Bray Wyatt
Brock Lesnar
Cesaro
Chris Jericho
Darren Young (w/ Bob Backlund)
Dean Ambrose – WWE Champion
Demon Kane
Dolph Ziggler
Erick Rowan
Jack Swagger
John Cena
Kalisto
Kevin Owens
Mark Henry
Neville
Randy Orton
Roman Reigns
Rusev (w/ Lana) – United States Champion
Sami Zayn
Seth Rollins
Sheamus
Sin Cara
The Miz (w/ Maryse) – Intercontinental Champion
Titus O’Neil
Zack Ryder

Tag Teams

Breezango (Fandango and Tyler Breeze)
Enzo and Cass (Enzo Amore and Big Cass)
Gallows and Anderson (Luke Gallows and Karl Anderson)
Golden Truth (Goldust and R-Truth)
Shining Stars (Epico and Primo)
Social Outcasts (Bo Dallas, Curtis Axel and Heath Slater)
The Ascension (Konnor and Viktor)
The Dudley Boyz (Bubba Ray and D-Von Dudley)
The New Day (Big E, Kofi Kingston and Xavier Woods) – Tag Team Champions
The Usos (Jey and Jimmy Uso)
The Vaudevillains (Aiden English and Simon Gotch)

Female Superstars

Alicia Fox
Becky Lynch
Charlotte – WWE Women’s Champion
Dana Brooke
Eva Marie
Naomi
Natalya
Paige
Sasha Banks
Summer Rae
Read more at http://www.lordsofpain.net/news/wwe/WWE ... vZpRSTj.99

mrira
Marked Out King

Re: WWE Sets Draft Rules

Post by mrira » July 18th, 2016, 6:59 pm

I wonder how this will effect the NXT roster? They'll lose at least 6 people (more since I'm sure at least 1 team will leave). Not sure who'll get called up besides Balor.

ICW
Marked Out King

Post by ICW » July 18th, 2016, 7:08 pm

I think the 6 NXT callups will be Finn Balor, Shinsuke Nakamura, Samoa Joe, American Alpha (count as one pick), Bayley, and Nia Jax.
Feel free to visit my blog concerning wrestling conventions, signings, and meet & greets!
https://squaredcirclecons.com/

WOODMO
Site Admin

Post by WOODMO » July 19th, 2016, 7:28 am

Here's my problem. Tough to lose the 6 top nxt names but the draft is supposed to be legit and two brands fighting to be the best. So how do you not draft Nakamura?

lanza218
Site Admin

Post by lanza218 » July 19th, 2016, 11:52 am

Yep. Agree. Same with Joe. Wouldnt you want, in kayfabe, the best of the roster...the champ? So will be interesting. But I dont see those guys going yet. Unless they are drafted and still appear on the taped NXT stuff and blow it all off on BK....idk. but I see AA, Finn, Nia, Rhyno, American Alpha, and maybe someone like No Way Jose

WOODMO
Site Admin

Post by WOODMO » July 19th, 2016, 2:07 pm

lanza218 wrote:Yep. Agree. Same with Joe. Wouldnt you want, in kayfabe, the best of the roster...the champ? So will be interesting. But I dont see those guys going yet. Unless they are drafted and still appear on the taped NXT stuff and blow it all off on BK....idk. but I see AA, Finn, Nia, Rhyno, American Alpha, and maybe someone like No Way Jose
Yeah, unless they really trust their ability to make a new main event scene. They have Roode waiting, I am hearing they want to sign Adam Cole. I think Nakamura gets called up, since they're paying him so much they want him on the roster. He just went here to get acclimated and he is more than acclimated now.

I will predict Balor, Bayley, Alpha, Nakamura, Joe and Nia.

Perhaps Nakamura pulls double duty for a while, but I just can't see them leaving these guys out with how they're presenting it.

lanza218
Site Admin

Post by lanza218 » July 19th, 2016, 2:11 pm

I actually dont think baykey gets picked BUTtt gets to be sashas partner sunday. Giving wwe an extra call up without actually making a pick. Plus god knows what midcarders they get back

WOODMO
Site Admin

Post by WOODMO » July 19th, 2016, 2:18 pm

lanza218 wrote:I actually dont think baykey gets picked BUTtt gets to be sashas partner sunday. Giving wwe an extra call up without actually making a pick. Plus god knows what midcarders they get back
Could be.

Also, add Tommy End to the possible new upper tier of NXT. He wraps up his bookings in August and starts in Orlando in September.

I think NXT will be fine as there is a ton of talent out there, between the CWC and Indies, but I just hope they don't Breeze/Apollo any of these call ups.

cmshowstopper
Marked Out Master

Post by cmshowstopper » July 19th, 2016, 4:32 pm

I think its WAY too early for Nakamura. Out of any of the big indy names signed, Nakamura might be one that needs some extra time in NXT. One because his style needs toned down. And two, while the smart mark NXT audience has taken to him....will the main stream WWE audience? He's Asian, which never bodes well for an aspiring superstar. His english is decent, but not perfect. His movements are quirky in the ring.
http://www.cmshowstopper.com/ Official Webpage Of CM Showstopper

http://www.fallenangelchristopherdaniels.com Official Webpage of Christopher Daniels