Source claims WWE purchased TNA Library. TNA to be rebranded

lanza218
Site Admin

Source claims WWE purchased TNA Library. TNA to be rebranded

Post by lanza218 » October 5th, 2016, 2:12 pm

Basically what this means is #TNA dies but the company will live under a rebooted name under #BillyCorgan's ownership.

#WWE will own ALL the TNA footage up until this weeks Impact tapings and it will be on WWE Network.

THIS IS HUGE!

Greg2600

Re: Source claims WWE purchased TNA Library. TNA to be rebranded

Post by Greg2600 » October 5th, 2016, 2:31 pm

Couldn't give one piece of yesterday's turd. I can't believe Corgan is a wrestling promoter.
The Paunch Stevenson Show pop culture podcast : http://www.paunchstevenson.com

mrira
Marked Out King

Post by mrira » October 5th, 2016, 3:26 pm

It makes sense since WWE will now own all of AJ Styles, Sting, Bobby Roode, Samoa Joe & whoever else's careers for DVD use & network use.

AJLe
Marked Out King

Post by AJLe » October 5th, 2016, 3:30 pm

"Re-branding" in name only won't help, and it doesn't change the fact that under the current budget, the product loses money. Whatever Vince gave for the library will keep them afloat a while longer, but if they don't figure out some serious cost-cutting, they'll end up fading away in a bankruptcy like ECW - regardless of what they're currently calling the company.

mrira
Marked Out King

Post by mrira » October 5th, 2016, 5:01 pm

AJLe wrote:"Re-branding" in name only won't help, and it doesn't change the fact that under the current budget, the product loses money. Whatever Vince gave for the library will keep them afloat a while longer, but if they don't figure out some serious cost-cutting, they'll end up fading away in a bankruptcy like ECW - regardless of what they're currently calling the company.
What can they cut? They are already pretty bare-bones as far as TV taping goes, which I'd imagine is one of there few big expenses. Unless they buy there own building to shoot TV I can't imagine much else going.

AJLe
Marked Out King

Post by AJLe » October 5th, 2016, 5:48 pm

mrira wrote:
AJLe wrote:"Re-branding" in name only won't help, and it doesn't change the fact that under the current budget, the product loses money. Whatever Vince gave for the library will keep them afloat a while longer, but if they don't figure out some serious cost-cutting, they'll end up fading away in a bankruptcy like ECW - regardless of what they're currently calling the company.
What can they cut? They are already pretty bare-bones as far as TV taping goes, which I'd imagine is one of there few big expenses. Unless they buy there own building to shoot TV I can't imagine much else going.
I agree, and that's the problem: The current setup is losing a ton of money, there's not much more overhead they can cut, and the revenue isn't going to drastically increase anytime soon, so when they burn through whatever money Vince is paying, they'll be right back to where they were - losing money and looking for ways to keep funding shows.

crowbar
Marked Out King

Post by crowbar » October 5th, 2016, 6:47 pm

Just watch Lucha Underground

bigman
Full Fledged Mark

Post by bigman » October 6th, 2016, 1:22 pm

They fly Grado in for tapings. That's a couple thousand each time right there.

mrira
Marked Out King

Post by mrira » October 14th, 2016, 6:43 pm

Seems like Dixie Carter is digging her own grave this week. Corgan is suing her & also has a Bischoff lawsuit going. Now they have a tax lien against them & some talent are gonna leave if they don't get paid. Pretty sure Vince could swoop in & buy the library dirt cheap.