Ric Flair hospitalized in ICU; management team asks for your prayers

World Wrestling Entertainment
WOODMO
Site Admin

Ric Flair hospitalized in ICU; management team asks for your prayers

Post by WOODMO »

RIC FLAIR'S MANAGEMENT TEAM: WE NEED PRAYERS FOR OUR LIVING LEGEND

After a day with almost no information on Ric Flair, who was hospitalized yesterday with a heart-related issue, Melinda Morris Zanoni of Legacy Talent and Entertainment (Flair's management team) posted what came across as an ominous message on Sunday night.

She tweeted: "Are U a Fan/Friend of Ric Flair? If so, we need prayers and positive energy 4 our Living Legend as he is dealing with some tough medical issues."

Legacy Talent and Entertainment also posted on Facebook: "Did you start watching wrestling because of Ric Flair? Does he entertain you every time you see him? Ever use any of his sayings? Do you have a great Ric Flair story? Do you 'WOOOOO!' every time he's mentioned? Are you a Fan? Friend? If you answered 'Yes' to any of the above, we need your prayers, positive energy, and well wishes for our Living Legend as he is dealing with some tough medical issues. Thank you!"

Flair, 68, was in the intensive care unit in an unnamed hospital. His reps were previously downplaying the hospital visit but also saying no information could be released.

visit this link http://www.f4wonline.com/ .. -legend-240931
crowbar
Marked Out King

Re: Ric Flair hospitalized in ICU; management team asks for your prayers

Post by crowbar »

Oh boy... living hard all these years may have finally caught up to him...
WOODMO
Site Admin

Post by WOODMO »

crowbar wrote: August 14th, 2017, 9:29 am Oh boy... living hard all these years may have finally caught up to him...
:distraught: not looking good, hopefully he bounces back
Greg2600
Site Admin

Post by Greg2600 »

Probably some type of heart failure like the Warrior. Get well Nature Boy!
The Paunch Stevenson Show pop culture podcast
WOODMO
Site Admin

Post by WOODMO »

PWInsider.com’s Mike Johnson has since posted the following to PWInsider shedding some more light on Flair’s hospitalization and what Flair could be dealing with:

Flair is currently hospitalized in Atlanta, GA, where he resides. The belief is that Flair is dealing with heart-related issues, which were initially described as simply “routine tests.” Since Zanoni’s Tweet, there has been an insane amount of activity among those in the pro wrestling industry with different stories about Flair’s health being passed around.

Since there is no confirmation on any of that information, we won’t report any of it. What we do know, based on what was written in Flair’s own autobiography To Be The Man, the former NWA and WWF champion suffers from Alcoholic cardiomyopathy, a condition caused by excessive, prolonged alcohol abuse that can lead to heart failure. When one suffers from that condition, the toxic effects of alcohol on the heart’s muscle leads to a situation where the organ is unable to pump blood efficiently.

It goes without saying that Flair, when he was wrestling, was one of the greatest performers in the history of pro wrestling and is at the top of any list when you rate professional wrestlers – work ethic in the ring, level of matches, promos, characters – whatever the discussion is, Ric Flair is there in the mix because he’s a once in a lifetime performer who had an immeasurable amount of passion for what he did. He also carried himself in life the same way his character does on TV, with caution thrown to the wind.

Read more at http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/872625- ... oV7TRAK.99
lanza218
Site Admin

Post by lanza218 »

Wewantflair prob is waiting to hit that ebay button any sec!
WOODMO
Site Admin

Post by WOODMO »

lanza218 wrote: August 14th, 2017, 10:17 am Wewantflair prob is waiting to hit that ebay button any sec!
:grumpyflair:
class316
Marked Out God

Post by class316 »

With all his virgil runs Flair has signed so many autos doubt they are worth much.
Follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/celebmeets
wewantflair
Site Admin

Post by wewantflair »

Lol you guys know me too well. Sadly, I sold all my Flair stuff already. But I did double check to see if I have anything left.
WOODMO
Site Admin

Post by WOODMO »

class316 wrote: August 14th, 2017, 12:03 pm With all his virgil runs Flair has signed so many autos doubt they are worth much.
I got over $50 for a Piper 8x10 when he died and around $40 for a Dusty.... Sooooooooooo not entirely true
Greg2600
Site Admin

Post by Greg2600 »

Flair in medical coma ahead of surgery, which is somewhat standard procedure. Not sure what they'll be doing, maybe it's just stents, but he'll be in the hospital for awhile even if successful.
The Paunch Stevenson Show pop culture podcast
class316
Marked Out God

Post by class316 »

WOODMO wrote: August 14th, 2017, 3:21 pm
class316 wrote: August 14th, 2017, 12:03 pm With all his virgil runs Flair has signed so many autos doubt they are worth much.
I got over $50 for a Piper 8x10 when he died and around $40 for a Dusty.... Sooooooooooo not entirely true
Well Dusty was not nearly as common as Flair.
Follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/celebmeets
WOODMO
Site Admin

Post by WOODMO »

class316 wrote: August 14th, 2017, 3:30 pm
WOODMO wrote: August 14th, 2017, 3:21 pm
Well Dusty was not nearly as common as Flair.
I am hoping Flair makes a recovery, and even having this discussion in here is inappropriate. But I have a few pieces I would move and I bet I see around $50 for each, common or not.
16times
Marked Out King

Post by 16times »

Even if he recovers, he'll probably never be the same...
"Every time you score a photo op, an angel gets his wings!"
WOODMO
Site Admin

Post by WOODMO »

16times wrote: August 14th, 2017, 3:32 pm Even if he recovers, he'll probably never be the same...
Sad but true, these major heart procedures are tough to bounce back from.