Bobby "The Brain" Heenan passes away

World Wrestling Entertainment
Bud White
Marking Out Amateur

Bobby "The Brain" Heenan passes away

Post by Bud White »

The greatest manager and the greatest color commentator in wrestling history has passed away. Some of you were lucky enough to meet him. Another of my childhood greats passes with time...
class316
Marked Out God

Re: Bobby "The Brain" Heenan passes away

Post by class316 »

RIP

Follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/celebmeets
Greg2600
Site Admin

Post by Greg2600 »

I met him once he was wheelchair bound, and couldn't bring myself to get a photo. Did have him sign a magazine. The Brain aka The Weasel was probably the most entertaining heel in the history of the business. A few weeks ago, for no reason, I watched clips of his in-ring work, which was hilarious. The man was brilliant, and very kind.
The Paunch Stevenson Show pop culture podcast
yosemitechris
Marked Out Master

Post by yosemitechris »

r.i.p. wwf greatest manager
BOBBY HENNAN 2 SAT.JPG
BOBBY HEENAN 2.JPG
ICW
Marked Out Master

Post by ICW »

Here's my story of the first and only time I met Heenan:

It was at Big Event VIII, which was my first ever wrestling convention. I believe K&S brought him in. I purchased an autograph ticket that morning before knocking off all of my pre-orders (Dusty Rhodes, Magnum TA, Dudleys, etc).

After I'm done with the pre-orders, I go around the vendor rooms trying to find Heenan. I figured his line would be as long as Dusty's, the Dudley's, and Flair's. I looked everywhere and I just couldn't find him, so I feared he cancelled.

Jenna and I are in the lobby and I spot him and Larry Z. seated near the back corner of the lobby. There was absolutely zero line for him, which blew my mind.

So I go to his table and I put my WWE Encyclopedia down and say, "Mr. Heenan it's such an honor to meet you, would you mind signing this?." He says something under his breath but I couldn't understand what he was saying. "What was that?, Mr. Heenan?" He points to a stack of 8x10s on his table. "You're only signing your 8x10s?" Heenan again says something while pointing to his 8x10s, only this time he's pointing more empathetically at it. "I don't understand, Mr..."

Suddenly Zbyszko says, "He wants you to call him Bobby, kid! Not Mr. Heenan!" Then I realized Heenan was pointing to his name that was printed on the 8x10s. I go, "Oh sorry, Mr. Heenan!" and he just throws his arms up and rolls his eyes at me before signing my encyclopedia.
Feel free to visit my blog concerning wrestling conventions, signings, and meet & greets!
https://squaredcirclecons.com/
WOODMO
Site Admin

Post by WOODMO »

By far my all time favorite wrestling personality, and one of the biggest personal meets I've ever had in terms of wrestling. Back when I got him, I thought his appearance looked pretty off, but when you see his most recent photo ops, he actually looked a lot better then I thought at the time. It was very unfortunate that someone so quick witted was reduced to being mostly silent in his last years, but he always had a smile and upbeat personality to him.

Anthony18
Marked Out Pro

Post by Anthony18 »

I met him at Big Event 5. I had him sign a LJN poster. I didn't get a pic with him. I told him that he and Monsoon were the best. He nodded in approval.
Jason1980s
Marked Out King

Post by Jason1980s »

It's sad what cancer did to him but luckily he survived these last 15 years. Cancer takes so many people far too soon, despite the treatments. Hopefully he and his family got to spend some quality time together, despite the illness.
He was such a talent yet listening to him on commentary, he or his character never let it out with any real hint of arrogance.
You guys have some great pictures. I especially love the one someone posted on here of Bobby in the back of his car, middle finger up.
Book WWE Hall of Famer Jimmy Valiant for your event!!
PM me!

http://www.jimmyvaliant.weebly.com/

Meet WWE Hall of Famer Jimmy Valiant ANY Sunday 12 noon to 4 PM at Boogie's Wrestling Camp located at
2916 Alleghany Springs Road in Shawsville Virginia. Free of charge!

"I'll never forget what the WWE took away from me. I also want to say I'll never forget all the great things they gave to me"-Bret Hart