Enzo Amore released from WWE under rape allegations

World Wrestling Entertainment
lanza218
Site Admin

Enzo Amore released from WWE under rape allegations

Post by lanza218 »

WWE announced Tuesday that it released Cruiserweight champion Enzo Amore.

On Monday, the promotion suspended Amore, adding that the company "has zero tolerance for matters involving sexual harassment or sexual assault."

The suspension and subsequent release came after Amore was accused of rape, per Pro Wrestling Sheet's Ryan Satin. The Phoenix Police Department confirmed to Satin that the alleged assault is currently under investigation.

WWE's decision to suspend Amore was announced shortly after Twitter user @missgucciwitch tweeted allegations that Enzo raped her while two others looked on (Warning: contains graphic content):
Greg2600
Site Admin

Re: Enzo Amore released from WWE under rape allegations

Post by Greg2600 »

https://twitter.com/missgucciwitch/stat ... 0414985216
philomena‏
@missgucciwitch

OKAY..it’s been long enough & I have been so so scared to share this. I was raped in mid October by the WWE Enzo Amore (also known as Eric Arden) & Tyler Grosso & TOOPOOR let it happen as accomplices. I was in a mental hospital for 45 days after it. They ARE NOT good people.
This woman essentially claims she was wasted, and "Enzo" had sex with her without her consent. She made a long rambling graphic post about it. She's been on probation and clearly has mental issues, plus seems to be some type of low-level voyeur model.
The Paunch Stevenson Show pop culture podcast
mrira
Marked Out Master

Post by mrira »

I'm sure back in the old days this was common place for wrestlers, but kind of stupid for a celebrity to be doing this at a time where people are looking for easy money.
ICW
Marked Out Master

Post by ICW »

Apparently, he never told the company he was aware of the accusations and that he was under investigation
Feel free to visit my blog concerning wrestling conventions, signings, and meet & greets!
https://squaredcirclecons.com/
Gumby
Marked Out King

Post by Gumby »

He made a long rambling graphic post about it.
Do you have a link to Enzo's statement?
Greg2600
Site Admin

Post by Greg2600 »

Typ-o, I meant SHE wrote it....

lanza218
Site Admin

Post by lanza218 »

Photo Credit: WWE

WWE NEWS Someone has come forward to claim that Enzo Amore is innocent of rape accusation
ByAngel RodriguezPublished on January 23, 2018

The Enzo Amore rape accusation story has taken another turn. A friend of the alleged rape victim has posted a YouTube video to contradict her claims.

In the video, this person shows screenshots of supposed conversations on the night of the party with the alleged victim, Amore, and his friends. Her friend wanted to point out that she was bragging about sleeping with a famous wrestler and there were no claims of rape made in her text messages during that time period.

If what is being said in the video below is true and Amore is innocent of the accusations made against him then I hope he gets rehired by WWE. By the same token, I hope the alleged victim gets justice if she is telling the truth. Time will tell and hopefully, we hear more from the Phoenix Police Department soon.

On a related note, for those of you that have asked, the word in WWE is that Amore was released because WWE was not made aware of the police investigation and not necessarily because they were given more information on the story. As of this writing, the Phoenix PD is still waiting on lab results from the rape kit.
ICW
Marked Out Master

Post by ICW »

I saw the video. The screenshots, in no way whatsoever, prove anything lol.

That being said, I'm very curious to see what the outcome is from the police investigation. It *sounds* like it's near completion
Feel free to visit my blog concerning wrestling conventions, signings, and meet & greets!
lanza218
Site Admin

Post by lanza218 »

Well it is just saying she is bragging and not upset but not sure how that holds up legally
Greg2600
Site Admin

Post by Greg2600 »

Again this woman is a mental case, big time, needs help. Enzo though screwed up and he's out on the street. I did see one article saying "came to terms," so he was not fired outright, they must have given him some type of severance. But he might have a non-compete for awhile.
AJLe
Marked Out Master

Post by AJLe »

If he had been up front with the company about this, he might have survived this, depending on the legal results, obviously. But when they company gets blindsided with the story, at this point it probably doesn't matter, even if he's totally vindicated in court. The fact that he supposedly had major heat in the locker room even before any of this came out doesn't help either.

If he doesn't get charged/convicted, I'm sure he can get work in TNA and indy companies if he wants, but I can't imagine WWE touching him again for a good long time, if ever.
lanza218
Site Admin

Post by lanza218 »

Enzo update and timeline of his firing

WWE approached Enzo backstage on Monday when he arrived to Barclays and asked him about the allegations once they learned of them. Enzo denied the allegations were true but he did acknowledge that he knew about the investigation that Phoenix Police launched back in October.

WWE suspended Enzo and sent him home from the Barclays Center over the fact that Enzo was aware of the criminal investigation but failed to notify them.The company was angry with Enzo for not protecting their company. Especially on the day of their 25th anniversary show.

Enzo was fired on Tuesday not because of an internal belief that he's guilty, but that Enzo failed to notify anyone that he was being investigated.

It was also noted that this was "the last straw" for Enzo after several incidents over the past year and a half.

According PWInsider WWE had planned for Enzo to face Goldust on RAW 25. This would of led to the Dudley Boyz coming out and throwing Enzo through a table. As seen on Raw Slater was given the honor.

jjl
ICW
Marked Out Master

Post by ICW »

Yep, WWE had every right to can him
mrira
Marked Out Master

Post by mrira »

After reading that, I understand why Enzo got fired so quick. I'm guessing Enzo won't get booked on an indy shows until after all of this is cleared up.
ICW
Marked Out Master

Post by ICW »

mrira wrote: January 24th, 2018, 7:05 pm After reading that, I understand why Enzo got fired so quick. I'm guessing Enzo won't get booked on an indy shows until after all of this is cleared up.
Apparently, Mike Johnson has already been contacted by 5 indie companies asking for Enzo's contact info