GFW, the former TNA, in big $$$ trouble

formerly TNA
class316
Marked Out God

Re: GFW, the former TNA, in big $$$ trouble

Post by class316 »

What is considered bigger in Japan? WWE or NJPW?
Follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/celebmeets
cmshowstopper
Marked Out Master

Post by cmshowstopper »

WOODMO wrote: September 12th, 2017, 8:50 am The only way WWE is ever competed with again is if their numbers keep dropping low enough where pro wrestling is a niche entity even on the WWE level. No other company will reach even the WWE level right now in terms of numbers on North American soil.
Vince is current game is to be anything but a niche. He has solid corporate partnerships and offers a family friendly product. Only a major scandal like a Benoit situation could crush WWE right now. I still believe that IF the shareholders were hit had in their pockets, THAT would affect change. And IF someone with serious money, like Dixie's daddy, were to open the checkbook and then have someone with actual wrestling knowledge run the company....they could compete with WWE. It might take 10 years...but it can happen. The problem is finding that combination. Can you imagine if Heyman has access to Dixie's daddy's checkbook? Heyman makes the creative decisions and Papa Carter writes the checks. THATS how you compete. Once stars know there is another place they can go where they can get paid without issue, know they will be used in a better format AND be provided perks like the MUCH softer schedule....you can then get guys that will shun WWE and walk. We saw Christian Cage walk from WWE. We saw Kurt Angle, who was partially forced to leave, head to TNA. We saw Jeff Hardy, who was at the PEAK of his career, tell Vince no. And went back to TNA.

Its not always about just the dollars and cents for these guys. And sadly, there are way too many belt marks in pro wrestling anyway. Publically, they will all tell you how they dont care about wins and losses or belts. But I think the business is filled with more belt marks now then ever.
Anthony18
Marked Out Pro

Post by Anthony18 »

Didn't TNA almost have Heyman in 2009? He wanted to be the Dana White of TNA. Instead they brought in Hogan and Bischoff and everything has been downhill since!
class316
Marked Out God

Post by class316 »

Anthony18 wrote: September 15th, 2017, 12:57 pm Didn't TNA almost have Heyman in 2009? He wanted to be the Dana White of TNA. Instead they brought in Hogan and Bischoff and everything has been downhill since!
They were already downhill. Don't see how Hogan and Bischoff could have achieved that. At best you can say they failed to make it a success.
mrira
Marked Out Master

Post by mrira »

In 2010, after Brock Lesnar choked out Shane Carwin, there was a discussion that I had with TNA that involved Spike TV. Ultimately, because TNA had been trying to get me on the phone from the day I left WWE in 2006 and I never took the phone call. We finally got into a conversation because Spike TV had reached out to make that happen.

Ultimately, the story of this is, if I was going to do it, I wanted the Dana White deal. I wanted complete control, I wanted a piece of the company and I wanted the ability to, when the time was right, to take it public. I wanted to do the programming completely different than the way they had been doing it and Spike TV signed off on it. The concept was a very youth-oriented, youth-based, youth-marketed promotion. A complete contrast to the way WWE does things. A complete and utter alternative to WWE at the time.

While the ruling family in TNA had no problem with my salary request, my ownership demands, my concepts, etc. etc., they didn't want to implement as much of a youth-oriented product as I was looking for and I balked at it. I have no regrets about that. At the end of the day, they were happier being a WWE-lite promotion than they were branding themselves something different as TNA.

So that was the last flirtation I had with doing my own thing...In regard to doing my own thing in sports entertainment, I kinda do my own thing now with Brock Lesnar and I'm very happy doing it.

Running a whole show is a 24/7 and 365 commitment, and you would need an enormous amount of financing and very strong distribution set up front to get me to the table to even consider such a task. Otherwise, it's doomed to fail.
class316
Marked Out God

Post by class316 »

Impact Wrestling announced today that it has terminated their business relationship with Jeff Jarrett and Global Force Entertainment Inc., effective immediately.

Jarrett had returned to the company in January of this year after Anthem Sports & Entertainment purchased it from Dixie Carter. Jarrett had founded Global Force Wrestling in 2014, and the two brands were slowly merging. In June, Anthem reported that Impact Wrestling had acquired Global Force Wrestling, however that deal was reportedly never officially completed.

On September 5th, Impact Wrestling announced that Jarrett was "taking an indefinite leave of absence from his position as Chief Creative Officer to focus on personal matters."

There was reportedly an incident with Jarrett at an independent show over the weekend.
http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/201 ... with-jeff/
mrira
Marked Out Master

Post by mrira »

I wouldn't consider firing the Jarrett's a stupid decision, but I'd say not buying GFW from them was stupid. You put the name on your TV show & your belts & now the owner of the name is out of the company. I guess they'll just go back to Impact Wrestling & make new belts.
class316
Marked Out God

Post by class316 »

mrira wrote: October 24th, 2017, 11:47 am I wouldn't consider firing the Jarrett's a stupid decision, but I'd say not buying GFW from them was stupid. You put the name on your TV show & your belts & now the owner of the name is out of the company. I guess they'll just go back to Impact Wrestling & make new belts.
Impact Wrestling, TNA, whatever it is needs to just sell its historical library to WWE so they can archive it on the network and just be put out of its misery. All these changes and reboots it's just embarrassing.
crowbar
Marked Out King

Post by crowbar »

This whole thing is so dumb.
wewantflair
Site Admin

Post by wewantflair »

I don’t think anyone watches this dog shit, so I don’t even know who would follow or care about these latest developments.
mrira
Marked Out Master

Post by mrira »

wewantflair wrote: October 25th, 2017, 8:02 am I don’t think anyone watches this dog shit, so I don’t even know who would follow or care about these latest developments.
Your right, at this point the best thing for them to do would just sell all the "good years" to Vince. It's pretty much a completely different company now anyway.