Top 10 Wants Going Into 2017

Discuss general topics dealing with the hobby.
AJLe
Marked Out Master

Re: 2016 Hobby Goals?

Post by AJLe »

Good topic. For specific names, there's a handful of projects where I'm within a couple of people from completing, so I'd obviously like to finally get some of those "white whales" off my list. At the top of that list are Harry Crosby and Tobe Hooper.

On a more general note, I recently counted up the number of Friday the 13th names I have in my Crystal Lake Memories book. For those of you not familiar with it, it's a large hardcover book documenting the first 11 films of the F13 franchise (it was published prior to the 2009 movie), so some horror collectors use it much like wrestling fans use the WWE Encyclopedia to get wrestling graphs in. So as of now, I've gotten 93 total names in the book, so it would be nice if I hit 100 in the coming year. Horror cons have been disappointing in bringing out fresh Friday names in recent years, so I'll probably have to get lucky on finding more on-the-street meets to get 7 new names in the calendar year.
class316
Marked Out God

Post by class316 »

So hard to set goals. But my short term goal is preying every night for Dick Van Dyke's well being.
Follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/celebmeets
overthetop17
Marked Out King

Post by overthetop17 »

Was hoping to have purchased a Michael J. Fox VIP, but this is not looking good anymore.
capman
Marked Out King

Post by capman »

Since there is talk of Steve Perry releasing a new cd, the hopes that he tours so I can get him will really amke my 2016 worthwhile. Frank OZ and Tom Hanks are also goals and probably more attainable.
mrira
Marked Out Master

Post by mrira »

Wouldn't mind getting those 2 as well. As far as wrestling goes wouldn't mind Vince McMahon or Big Show.
lanza218
Site Admin

Post by lanza218 »

No specific goals. Just continuing to enjoy the hobby! Not be a jobby!
Greg2600
Site Admin

Post by Greg2600 »

class316 wrote:So hard to set goals. But my short term goal is preying every night for Dick Van Dyke's well being.
Yes we're all PREYing for him. :noamusement:
lanza218 wrote:No specific goals. Just continuing to enjoy the hobby! Not be a jobby!
Writing a report not one of them? :troll:
The Paunch Stevenson Show pop culture podcast
lanza218
Site Admin

Post by lanza218 »

Nah. Im being realistic here!!!
Nicksfan23
Marked Out Pro

Post by Nicksfan23 »

In terms of autograph hobby doing the NSCC 5 Day Guest Pass with the Special VIP Party the day before which usually involves a bunch of special signers. Also, hoping Upper Deck brings in a special signer like they did one year with Steve Mason and Upper Deck brings back their Dinosaur Photo Booth that they had last year in which you could have your very own card made with a dinosaur from one of their new products.
djknightrida
Marked Out Master

Post by djknightrida »

djknightrida wrote:
My Main goals include:

Photos with the few remaining mainstays on The Office, The Blacklist, HIMYM, and SVU I haven't met.

Adding to my Orange is the New Black and Arrow meets.

Jim Parsons and/or Jon Galecki, Aaron Paul, Vincent D'Onofrio, Zoe Saldana, Chris Evans

Finishing my GOTG poster

Lesnar
Will also add Adam Driver, Daisey Ridley, & RDJ photos to the list from last year.
2017 Most Unique Photo Winner

:dj:
WOODMO
Site Admin

Post by WOODMO »

Not many huge and defined goals, pretty much just keep enjoying myself like Lanza said, and get what comes my way. I really can't pinpoint exact names.

The closest thing I have to a goal is I am planning on being more active with spots I won't have to take a train to, such as Queens and Brooklyn, that I can just drive my car to and park for free without any tolls. I always feel a larger burden to make my trip worthwhile if I take a train and spend $28 round trip, while dealing with train schedules. Being able to drive and come and go exactly when you please is much more appealing.
Shiningstar
Full Fledged Mark

Post by Shiningstar »

more thinking like class and Joresky.. "you never know" and get everyone, even if I don't know them..
"sorry guy not sure your name or your imdb history, but may I get a photo with you?" :lol:
ICW
Marked Out Master

Post by ICW »

Adding a couple of more significant SOA names to my kutte. I'd love to get Kim Coates (Tig), Theo Rossi (Juice), Mark Boone (Bobby), and Tommy Flanagan (Chibs).

I'd love to add more sigs to my ROH/NJPW Global Wars '14 program. AJ Styles, Adam Cole, Jushin "Thunder" Liger, and Jay Lethal are particularly desirable.
Feel free to visit my blog concerning wrestling conventions, signings, and meet & greets!
https://squaredcirclecons.com/
WOODMO
Site Admin

Most Wanted for 2017...

Post by WOODMO »

Going over my 2016 list caused me to reflect on how many of my top wants were crossed off. Top wants like Depp, Smith, Gibson, Seinfeld, Bernal, Bridges, Rogen, all were crossed off my list, so that got me to thinking about top my list currently. Off the top of my head, a mix of doable and not so doable.

1- Matthew McConaughey
2- Ryan Gosling
3- Leonardo DiCaprio
4- Shia LaBeouf
5- Charlie Hunnam
6- Robert De Niro
7- Harrison Ford
8- Chris Pine
9- Chris Pratt
10- Tim Allen

Honorable mention to Eddie Redmayne, Tom Hanks, Ben Mendohlson, Linda Cardelinni, Michael Imperioli, Lorraine Bracco, Nina Dobrev, Michael Chiklis, Mark Hamill, Aaron Paul, etc.
AsianDave
Marked Out Master

Re: Top 10 Wants Going Into 2017

Post by AsianDave »

My ONLY big wants wud be Star Wars related (Harrison Ford, James Earl Jones and some of the newer cast members).
But as far as needs is concern, at the NOLA Wizard World, I'll be checking Biff Tannen off my bucket list! I might forego ever getting Crispin on my poster as his graph is awful as fuck and he personalizes some goofy ass shit!