ICW feels the Rhythm & Blues - and Cero Miedo

This is the place to post reports from signing or on the street meets
Forum rules
DO NOT post the location for on the street meets. To keep the spots from being too crowded, we don't allow locations to be posted. You may only post location details about pay meets and organized free signings.
ICW
Marked Out Master

ICW feels the Rhythm & Blues - and Cero Miedo

Post by ICW »

I had been eyeing this weekend for quite a while. House of Glory and Evolve were hosting shows Saturday evening in Queens while Tier 1 Wrestling and Evolve were in Brooklyn on Sunday. The Wrestling Universe, meanwhile, was advertising five wrestlers appearing in their quaint store. This was going to be a prime weekend and I planned to indulge myself in this crazy little hobby of mine.

By the time Friday evening rolled around, however, I felt absolutely exhausted. Suddenly, the idea of spending the majority of my precious weekend traveling via mass transit to Queens (and Brooklyn) from New Jersey sounded ill-advised. By Saturday morning, I had completely talked myself out of doing anything hobby-related.

Later Saturday evening, however, I came to a realization: the Universe signing was on Sunday, not Saturday. I could still salvage something decent from what should’ve been an epic weekend. Still, I didn’t feel like traveling mass transit…so I decided to burn some dough I had and take a Lyft to Queens (about $40 and change). I didn’t mind splurging for the convenience (I never do).

This morning, I got in my Lyft just after 10:30 AM and arrived to the Universe just past 11:15 AM. There was a fairly decent line of people waiting outside the door and, surprisingly, a lot of people had shown up for Rhythm and Blues!

Pentagon Jr. and Sami Callihan had yet to arrive but they were letting in anyone who wanted to meet Rhythm and Blues. I waited for about 20-30 minutes before it was my turn to enter the store. I pre-ordered a combo for both of them the night before though I needed an extra autograph for Valentine, which was $15. I handed Jack a $20 and he told I could get a combo from XPW’s Supreme for the extra $5. Even though I was never a fan of XPW, I decided to do it. $5 combo sounded good to me. :pokemon:

I went into the first room to meet Rhythm and Blues, who couldn’t have been any nicer. Honky remarked that he was shocked David Schultz and Nailz were featured in the WWE Encyclopedia. He also joked that Valentine made more money off the Encyclopedia since he's featured in it so much. Valentine laughed and said, "Only because I had so many tag partners." I had Greg sign the remaining entries in the Encyclopedia while he and HTM both signed my WWE Ultimate Superstar Guide. I love the dual photo op, another tag team op to add to the collection.
I then went into the backroom to meet Supreme…and saw Pentagon Jr. ready to sign as well. I had Supreme sign an 8x10 while Pentagon Jr. signed the back of his PWG card. I got a cool pic with Pentagon before taking one with Supreme.

I realized I had my WM 32/HOF program and I decided to pay another $15 to have Valentine sign it. I just wanted to get him out of the way and never have to haggle with him at conventions.

I went back outside and re-joined a line of people who were waiting to meet Pentagon Jr. and/or Sami Callihan, who had yet to arrive. I waited a while – about 20 minutes – but time flew by as I spoke to two guys who were heavily into the hobby. They were sharing old stories that were really frigging incredible, mostly stories about their time in the world of baseball autographs. I learned that Willie Mays was considered the biggest jerk with Tom Seaver a close second. If there was ever a podcast devoted solely to this hobby, these two need to be guests.

It was finally my time to meet Sami and I had him sign his PWG card. Our time was interrupted a bit by HTM, who had come out of the bathroom and asked when Lucha Underground was filming its next season.

It stings missing out on Super Crazy and Psychosis because who knows when they’ll be back but I’m really happy with the end result of my weekend.

Autographs:

Feel free to visit my blog concerning wrestling conventions, signings, and meet & greets!
https://squaredcirclecons.com/
WOODMO
Site Admin

Re: ICW feels the Rhythm & Blues - and Cero Miedo

Post by WOODMO »

Nice man!! I still never got Sami. Great tag team op
class316
Marked Out God

Post by class316 »

Interesting, so wrestlers do make money on the WWE_E

I wonder if Nailz and Chris Benoit's family gets paid.
Follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/celebmeets
Greg2600

Post by Greg2600 »

Def. one of the funnier tag teams in history. Nice.
The Paunch Stevenson Show pop culture podcast
heelorton79
Marked Out Master

Post by heelorton79 »

Nice team photo!