PENN - DOUGLAS - WALKEN & More !!!!!!!

This is the place to post reports from signing or on the street meets
Forum rules
DO NOT post the location for on the street meets. To keep the spots from being too crowded, we don't allow locations to be posted. You may only post location details about pay meets and organized free signings.
heelorton79
Marked Out Master

PENN - DOUGLAS - WALKEN & More !!!!!!!

Post by heelorton79 » May 14th, 2017, 12:42 am

Most that know me in this hobby know that my HOLY GRAIL is Sean Penn, as I have even posted it here on this board before.When I heard of a couple events he would be at, I was skeptical to try, but I knew if I didn't try I surely wouldn't get it..and I had nothing else to do so I went. I chose the more low-key event and man was it low-key. My friend and I were the only two there, until two more collectors arrived. When Sean arrived, he rushed in. Since he did acknowledge our presence, I decided to stick it out. Halfway through the event, unannounced guest Leonardo DiCaprio arrives with his friend. Now, keep in mind..no paps...no graphers...dead quiet. He must have seen us from inside the car though because he made sure to turn his head away from us as he sped in the door. Well..this surprise seemed to throw everyone off course... but not me. While the other 3 seemed to begin to focus more on Leo, I did not change my plan. After all, I am a bigger Sean Penn fan and out of the two, he is the rarer name for the photo with. Things took a turn for the worse when it started raining. I wasn't prepared for this as I had no umbrella, not even a hat. I figured that Sean and Leo were difficult enough, now it had to start raining??? Not long after, as the event was winding down, we spotted Leo's car...going into the garage around the corner. As I watched the gate pull down, I thought to myself how ridiculous this was. This was amazingly low-key with two of the biggest names and not only was it raining but Leo was garaging it. There were trucks that were supposed to be using that garage at the time, but couldn't because Leo had to sneak out! How selfish! But again..I was OK with this. I was determined to get the photo with Penn. The plan now was for the two other collectors to wait on the corner to see if Leo's car comes out (possibly to attempt to get a car photo), while my friend and I waited by the front for Penn and we would notify each other if we saw anything. The issue now was that Penn's car had left and hadn't returned...and the event was over! Moments after, we see Sean on his way out...alone (as we could see through the glass entrance) and I call over the two other collectors. As soon as he exited he went to light up a cigarette and we approached. We asked, and he agreed!!!
:rockvictory: :praise: :victory:
As Mean Gene would say, HOLY BALLS! (although I have to say I was determined and confident about the situation). So anyway, we asked and he said "if you make it very quick". I complimented him on his work and took the photo (albeit I was drenched from the rain). By the time the other two had arrived, he was taking the photo with my friend and said "no, no that's it..I am all pictured out". Immediately after he was surrounded in the corner by a few of the guests and celebs. Moments later, as Sean was walking away, one collector tried again, by shaking his hand and giving a story and it looked like it was going to happen..but Sean still declined to take the photo. He then walked away with one or two people and disappeared into the darkness of the night.. on foot.. and didn't return. We never noticed Leo's car leave so it must have happened during this time. Even though he didn't take the photos with everyone, he was still very nice. It's the people that don't show respect, where he responds negatively. I recently saw an old video of collectors trying to get Penn as he was exiting an event. One collector (whose name I will not mention on here) grabbed Sean and asked him for the photo, to which Sean rightfully yelled at him. Unreal..though I digress.
This was totally awesome for me as there is not one living person who I wanted the photo with more. My only wish was that I had more time to talk to him, but next time he is around, instead of asking for the picture again, I may just try for that.
Other celebs exited, but either nobody I cared for or ones I already had. I did get Donna Karan but those glasses are awful..and at night no less.

Another adventure took me to a spot for legendary actor Michael Douglas, a name who I had wanted for a long, long time. I wasn't 100% sure he was here, and if he was, there was a possibility he had left already. When I got there, I noticed a few paps and collectors, so this was a very good sign. About 10 minutes later he exited and was as nice as can be.

Not long after I made my way to another spot, surprised to see Christopher Walken through the window in a restaurant for the cocktail hour. This was also HUGE for me. Among his illustrious career, he won the Oscar for Best Supporting Actor for my favorite movie EVER.."The Deer Hunter". My luck was not good with this man as one time I decided to go home and my friends got him, and another time he refused to take photos. In this case, third time was the charm and I finally got it.

My evening was done as I accomplished what I wanted to, but I decided to hang out to see who else I would see. I was able to score another long-time want of mine, Carla Gugino. I loved her roles in "Entourage" and "Californiacation", among others and I know how nice she is. It seems everyone has this photo already, but I just kept on missing her. I also got Samantha Mathis, who I wanted. I was originally going to get her at Chiller, but she was one of the "combo only" $40 deals and she wouldn't budge, so I passed. She was great here, so I am happy I didn't pay. I already have two photos with Jeffrey Wright, but I asked for another since I think he is a fantastic actor. Katie Couric exited and her husband was a total dick. There were like four of us approaching her, one at a time, and yet he immediately said "only one". One collector took a photo for my friend and the husband told me to "jump in the photo, only one". I ignored and got a solo shot, to which AFTER I got the pic, he looked at me and once again said "only one" WTF???
Other names here include the granddaughter of Charlie Chaplin and the great-granddaughter of Eugene O'Neill, Kiera Chaplin, and fashion designer Nina Garcia.

Sean Penn

Michael Douglas

Christopher Walken

Carla Gugino

Samantha Mathis

Jeffrey Wright

Katie Couric

Kiera Chaplin

Donna Karan

Nina Garcia
Last edited by heelorton79 on May 14th, 2017, 1:41 am, edited 6 times in total.

lanza218
Site Admin

Re: PENN - DOUGLAS - WALKEN & More !!!!!!!

Post by lanza218 » May 14th, 2017, 12:45 am

penn and douglas fantastic, well done man, well done

WOODMO
Site Admin

Post by WOODMO » May 14th, 2017, 7:13 am

Incredible Penn shot, wow just wow. Great Douglas as well. Meet of the year is a two photo race with Streep and Penn unless someone nabs Jesus before the year is out lol

capman
Marked Out Pro

Post by capman » May 14th, 2017, 8:14 am

BRAVO BRAVO BRAVO ! I knew how important penn was to you and I'm thrilled for ya. Your smile w him is so different than anyone else

AsianDave
Marked Out Master

Post by AsianDave » May 14th, 2017, 10:44 am

Great Penn! I kno if u can get him one on one, he's great, not so with crowds!
Every time I see a Gugino photo op...i can only SIGH.

heelorton79
Marked Out Master

Post by heelorton79 » May 14th, 2017, 2:39 pm

Thanks guys
WOODMO wrote:
May 14th, 2017, 7:13 am
Incredible Penn shot, wow just wow. Great Douglas as well. Meet of the year is a two photo race with Streep and Penn unless someone nabs Jesus before the year is out lol
Does Willem Dafoe, Jim Caviezel, or Christian Bale count? That's the closest I can get.

Joresky

Post by Joresky » May 18th, 2017, 10:27 am

WOW!! Fantastic photos Lane!! Penn is beyond impressive.. the Walken and Douglas shots are fantastic as well..i don't know how you do it when so many others fail, this is why you are the king and i'm honored to know you :clap: :clap: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Greg2600

Post by Greg2600 » May 18th, 2017, 10:56 am

Again a cavalcade of STARS! Penn probably meet of the year given how nasty he is. You also got someone I technically used to work for!

PS: We all know there's only one Jesus.....The Jesus....John Turturro!
The Paunch Stevenson Show pop culture podcast : http://www.paunchstevenson.com

heelorton79
Marked Out Master

Post by heelorton79 » May 18th, 2017, 2:48 pm

Greg2600 wrote:
May 18th, 2017, 10:56 am
Again a cavalcade of STARS! Penn probably meet of the year given how nasty he is. You also got someone I technically used to work for!

PS: We all know there's only one Jesus.....The Jesus....John Turturro!
Who, Donna??

Greg2600

Post by Greg2600 » May 18th, 2017, 3:57 pm

Hey keep that between us! I was but one of many serfs so not photos with!

heelorton79
Marked Out Master

Post by heelorton79 » May 26th, 2017, 3:55 pm

I thought she let you go because you asked for the photo with on the clock! :facepalm2: :greg:
Just kidding!!!

Greg2600

Post by Greg2600 » May 26th, 2017, 4:27 pm

You were not to approach her...unwritten rule! She's gone, I'm still there.