JOresky's New York Comic Con 2017 Report- Day 2

This is the place to post reports from signing or on the street meets
Forum rules
DO NOT post the location for on the street meets. To keep the spots from being too crowded, we don't allow locations to be posted. You may only post location details about pay meets and organized free signings.
Joresky

JOresky's New York Comic Con 2017 Report- Day 2

Post by Joresky » October 12th, 2017, 12:37 pm

My second day of New York Comic Con was my most important because this was the day of my Felicity Jones (Jyn Erso in Star Wars Rogue One) photo op that I had already preordered. I went to my first spot of the day and my main target at this spot was actor John Boyega (Finn in the new Star Wars movies). I had heard horror stories about him from previous trips so I wasn't hopeful that I would get this but I had to try. Actor Scott Eastwood who I also needed was at this spot so it seemed like a good idea to get him as well (especially since I already have a photo with his dad Clint). John and Scott were here to promote their upcoming movie Pacific Rim 2: Uprising. I spotted Scott enter first but he denies us all and says he will stop on the way out. Next John Boyega enters and we ask for photos but he says on the way out but still takes two photos with girls who are trying to get him. We got to another spot to kill some time and then head back. We see Scott Eastwood exiting the venue so we ask him and he says take it while I'm walking. I did manage to score a selfie but unfortunately it came out a bit blurry. We waited for a long while but we never saw John Boyega leave. We later found out he snuck out by using the garage. I managed to score a few more names at this spot including Burn Gorman (Dark Knight Rises), Lindsay Jones (RWBY) and Arryn Zech (RWBY). I was pretty disappointed about John not doing it but hopefully I get another chance to meet him in the future, at least I tried. It also sucks the Scott Eastwood pic came out blurry but hope I see him again as well.. and until then I guess this one will tide me over.

Next I go back inside the comic con to get my professional photo with Felicity Jones. The pic comes out great and Felicity even says hi to me and asks me how I'm doing. With all the failure I encounter I am happy to have a great name guaranteed. We head to the next spot where I see comedian Amber Ruffin (Late Night with Seth Meyers) and she does photo ops for everyone that asks. Next we see actor Mark Hamill (Luke Skywalker from Star Wars) coming out and we are sure he won't stop because he was charging over $300 for either a photo or autograph inside. I didn't pay for him because I already have a photo with him from NYCC years ago (his price was much lower then.. $80). When I got him at the previous NYCC he had no facial hair but this time he had a beard because this is how he looks in the new Star Wars movie The Last Jedi. Mark did free selfies and autographs for almost everyone outside and luckily I scored a free selfie. I was shocked to see this because he was charging so much money in the con so unfortunately I had nothing on me to get signed.

Next I got a photo update with actor Frank Grillo (Purge, Captain America). After this the cast of Hey Arnold came out.. I got an update with actress Olivia Hack and unfortunately I missed out on Lane who plays the voice of Arnold. I got a photo with another guy who we thought was Lane but it turns out it was somebody else. I got a photo with the woman he was with who I thought was an actress but it turned out to be cosplayer Leanna Vamp. Next we get photo ops with British actors Liam Cunningham and Rufus Sewell. Felicity Jones leaves the spot and we ask her for autographs but unfortunately she doesn't stop for anyone. Next I got photos with actors Aasif Mandvi and Peter Grosz (Sonic commercials). Next i scored a fresh photo with actress Susan Misner and updates with Jess Harnell, Jeffrey Donovan (blurry), Elijah Wood, Bruce Cambpell, Yetide Badaki, Jason David Frank and a fresh photo with Adam Pally.

Next the cast of the Runaways arrives but they don't stop for us unfortunately so i decided to wait to meet them on the way out. At this point I could have gone to get a couple Family Guy castmembers a few blocks away but I didn't because I was unsure if I would miss other actors at this spot. It turns out I should have definitely have left and tried Family Guy at this point because they stopped and I got nobody else at the Javits. Unfortunately nobody from the Runaways stopped for us. After this failure I went to another spot to try for actor Riz Ahmed from Rogue One but unfortunately he ignored us when he left the venue and at that point I called it a night.
photofelicityjones.jpg
Me and actress Felicity Jones
photomarkhamill.jpg
Me and actor Mark Hamill
photoscotteastwood.jpg
Me and actor Scott Eastwood
photorufusewell.jpg
Me and actor Rufus Sewell
photoliamcunningham.jpg
photosusanmisner.jpg
photoaasifmandvi.jpg
photoadampally.jpg
photopetergrosz.jpg
Attachments
photoyetidebadaki.jpg
photooliviahack.jpg
photolindsayjones.jpg
photoleannavamp.jpg
photojessharnell.jpg
photojeffreydonovan.jpg
photojasondavidfrank.jpg
photofrankgrillo'.jpg
photoelijahwood.jpg
photoburngorman.jpg
photobrucecampbell.jpg
photoarrynzech.jpg
photoamberruffin.jpg

oldschoolwwwf
Marked Out Master

Re: JOresky's New York Comic Con Report- Day 2

Post by oldschoolwwwf » October 12th, 2017, 1:02 pm

good stuff jorsky

could felicty jones have chosen a more unflattering shirt to wear?

billybatson22
Marking Out Amateur

Post by billybatson22 » October 12th, 2017, 1:28 pm

While I always love your posts, I had to reply to this one specifically because not only was the Mark Hamill selfie outstanding because it was free but because it actually looks better than some of the $300-400 pro photo-ops! HOWEVER...my reply is more because the SONIC actor was AWWWWWWWWWESOME! If the TWO Sonic guys did an appearance I'd RUN to it!

And the reply about Felicity Jones' puffy shirt: LMFAO!

Greg2600

Post by Greg2600 » October 12th, 2017, 2:02 pm

Must be IN fashion because while waiting outside a talk show in NYC, one of the women working there wore the same outfit. I never liked Hey Arnold so I didn't bother with them, but in hindsight I should've tried for Olivia. Didn't realize she was in the Brady Bunch movies.
The Paunch Stevenson Show pop culture podcast : http://www.paunchstevenson.com

lanza218
Site Admin

Post by lanza218 » October 12th, 2017, 2:52 pm

Can you use the Enter key?

WOODMO
Site Admin

Post by WOODMO » October 12th, 2017, 3:24 pm

I split this into paragraphs to help it's readability.

Great stuff Jerry. I wanted to kill you though when you kept yammering about the Eastwood being blurry while I was waiting for Boyega, but as I said then and all the other collectors told you, it looks fine!!

Joresky

Post by Joresky » October 12th, 2017, 3:28 pm

WOODMO wrote:
October 12th, 2017, 3:24 pm

Great stuff Jerry. I wanted to kill you though when you kept yammering about the Eastwood being blurry while I was waiting for Boyega, but as I said then and all the other collectors told you, it looks fine!!
Sorry I was just really upset.. not only did I not get Boyega but the decent name I did get came out bad.. oh well, hope I have another chance to meet him again in the future so I can score a decent shot

lanza218
Site Admin

Post by lanza218 » October 12th, 2017, 3:33 pm

Pic looks fine. Get over it

heelorton79
Marked Out Master

Post by heelorton79 » October 12th, 2017, 3:52 pm

Felicity shot looks great. Your Hamill shot is very nice too, except for the creature from the black lagoon lurking in the background...good thing its mug isn't in there.
WOODMO wrote:
October 12th, 2017, 3:24 pm
You forgot to indent! :hah: