Keanu, Matlin, Perabo & More!!!

This is the place to post reports from signing or on the street meets
Forum rules
DO NOT post the location for on the street meets. To keep the spots from being too crowded, we don't allow locations to be posted. You may only post location details about pay meets and organized free signings.
heelorton79
Marked Out Master

Keanu, Matlin, Perabo & More!!!

Post by heelorton79 » December 13th, 2015, 2:23 pm

A photo with Marlee Matlin had been a want of mine for a long time. Marlee won an Oscar for her work in the 1986 film "Children of a Lesser God", a fantastic movie that also stars William Hurt. She is also both the youngest female (at 21, beating Jennifer Lawrence by a year) to win the Award for Best Actress and the only deaf individual to win. When I arrived to the spot, I noticed I was surrounded by mostly deaf people waiting. As the cast began exiting, I then realized that the majority of the performers were deaf as well. I did honestly feel a bit awkward at first, as the actors and fans were all communicating with each other in sign language, asking for photos and what not...and I was just there. I quickly got over this though. When Matlin exited, she said she was in a rush, but ended up staying for a few minutes anyway. I also got photos with actress Camryn Manheim, Krysta Rodriguez (best know for originating the Broadway role of Wednesday in "The Addams Family"), and "Suits" cast member Rachael Harris whose friend is in the play. She will star in the upcoming FOX series, "Lucifer".

On another evening, I went for Piper Perabo at a different location. I arrive early, and not long after I got there I witnessed a brutal fist fight not too far down the block, outside a bar. One guy just literally beat the hell out of the other, knocking him down to the ground and repeatedly pounding and pounding on his chest and face. His friend got a punch in too. They left him lying , passed out on the ground. A worker for the play saw this go down as well and I was worried that she would go inside and say something to the cast and I wouldn't end up seeing Piper (although I didn't see another exit). It took quite a few minutes for the police to arrive on the scene and investigate. They hovered above the beaten man, who was coming to consciousness I think, but was also very drunk so I couldn't tell. He barely moved. To my surprise, it took an awful long time for an ambulance to arrive. The longer it took, the more worried I became be that Piper would see the scene and not stop. It must have been over twenty minutes for the ambulance to arrive and move the man from the ground (though it seemed like forever). I was relieved when the scene died down and Piper still hadn't exited. Although it looked like a gay bar, it seemed from what I gathered that a girl was involved in the incident. Maybe the guy had said something to her or did something and her friends defended her, but that is just speculation. Anyway, that's NY for you! When Piper came out, she was as nice as could be. I also took a photo with Meghann Fahy, who starred on One Life to Live at one point.

Earlier in the night I received a phone call with some info on the new John Wick film. Keanu was shooting, so after getting Perabo, I headed to the spot in hopes that he would still be on set. He was, and it wasn't too long after he wrapped and exited the restaurant, where he had just finished a fight scene. I had heard mixed things about Keanu over the years, but saw that he had been doing pics earlier in the evening.When he came out and was approached, he agreed to do it though he was clearly exhausted. He didn't say much, but posed with the four people there.I thought the blood and him being fully suited were great additions to my photo. So, for this guy, who had been filming for hours (this was also is second shooting location for the day)and had just finished a brutal fight scene, to come out at 1 in the morning and agree to take a few photos, certainly says a lot about his character.
I have never been a fan of his acting work, although I did like him in "The Gift" and he did an amazing job stunt/physical-wise in "The Matrix". However, as far as an individual goes, I have to applaud him!
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Keanu Reeves

Marlee Matlin

Camryn Manheim

Krysta Rodriguez

Rachael Harris

Piper Perabo

Meghann Fahy

class316
Marked Out Historian

Re: Keanu, Matlin, Perabo & More!!!

Post by class316 » December 13th, 2015, 2:41 pm

Wow awesome John Wick suited Reeves.

Did the police make any arrests?
Follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/celebmeets
:hcit:
View my celebrity report Blog http://celebmeets.blogspot.com/

heelorton79
Marked Out Master

Post by heelorton79 » December 13th, 2015, 3:01 pm

I think the female got arrested. The guys were long gone but at one point a different guy tried to enter the bar , but the cops stopped him. They questioned him and wouldn't let him go in.

class316
Marked Out Historian

Post by class316 » December 13th, 2015, 3:06 pm

heelorton79 wrote:I think the female got arrested. The guys were long gone but at one point a different guy tried to enter the bar , but the cops stopped him. They questioned him and wouldn't let him go in.
What a dumb ass she is why would you stay on the scene :facepalm:
Follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/celebmeets
:hcit:
View my celebrity report Blog http://celebmeets.blogspot.com/

WOODMO
Site Admin

Post by WOODMO » December 13th, 2015, 3:16 pm

Great Keanu.

crowbar
Marked Out King

Post by crowbar » December 13th, 2015, 3:38 pm

Are you thinking of a different movie when you say "The Gift"? That movie came out this year and was fantastic but Keanu wasn't in it. Unless there's another movie called the Gift...

heelorton79
Marked Out Master

Post by heelorton79 » December 13th, 2015, 8:57 pm

crowbar wrote:Are you thinking of a different movie when you say "The Gift"? That movie came out this year and was fantastic but Keanu wasn't in it. Unless there's another movie called the Gift...
No, The Gift from 2000 with Cate Blanchett and a topless Katie Holmes.

Joresky

Post by Joresky » December 14th, 2015, 8:56 am

Awesome John Wick suited Keanu!!! :clap: :hcit: