Marked Out

Celebrity, Wrestling and Sports Encounter Forum

• Advertisement

U.S. under potential terrorism threat before 911 anniversary

This is the place to sound off on various current events.

Will something happen?

Yes, I think the 10 year anniversary will bring another attack.
40%
No, I don't think anything will happen.
60%

Total votes : 10

U.S. under potential terrorism threat before 911 anniversary

Postby WOODMO » September 9th, 2011, 12:48 pm

The United States has stepped up security just two days before the 10th anniversary of the 9/11 attacks after the security officials claimed to have received a ‘credible bomb threat’.
clearpxl

Department of Homeland Security said, "There is specific, credible but unconfirmed threat information." The department added that it has taken all necessary steps to mitigate any threats that arise, adding that extra police and heavily armed officers have been deployed.

Officials from Washington said that they received potential terrorism threat, which could come in bomb-laden vehicles in New York or the capital. New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg described the threat as "uncorroborated", but said that the authorities have boosted the security at all bridges, tunnels and on public transport.

City Police Commissioner Raymond Kelly said that New York visitors would face frequent random checks in the New York subway. In a press conference, he said that citizens would see heavily-armed police positioned outside Manhattan. The commissioner warned car owners against illegal cars parking, adding that there will be increased towing activity. Bomb detection squads will sweeps in carparks and inspections on the subway will be frequently seen.

U.S. President Barack Obama, who will attend the ceremony with ex-president George W Bush, has called on the nation to "redouble" its anti-terror efforts in the wake of any possible attacks. The service will mark 10th anniversary of terror attacks in the U.S., which killed more than 3,000 people.

In a related development, civil and military aviation officials released fresh recordings on September 11, 2001, unfolding the attacks of the tragic day. In the audio, a flight attendant is requesting for help after informing that the plane has possibly been hijacked.

Lead hijacker Mohammed Atta’s voice was also heard. The audio also has voice of Vice President Dick Cheney, who had ordered to shoot down the civilian planes.

Read more: http://www.allheadlinenews.com/articles ... z1XTUTXz00
WOODMO
Site Admin

Advertisement

Re: U.S. under potential terrorism threat before 911 anniver

Postby lanza218 » September 9th, 2011, 3:12 pm

Saw this last night during the football game, anyone with half a brain could see this
lanza218
Site Admin

Postby SOR » September 9th, 2011, 4:32 pm

I don't think anything will happen on the 11th but i do think eventually America is going to be attacked again and this time World War 3 will break out and the world will end because of it.
Aware
SOR
Marked Out Master

Postby lmpb » September 9th, 2011, 5:44 pm

SOR wrote:I don't think anything will happen on the 11th but i do think eventually America is going to be attacked again and this time World War 3 will break out and the world will end because of it.

God I hope not. There is way too much living to do. Life is short enough as it is.
lmpb
Marked Out Pro

Postby anthonyburris » September 10th, 2011, 12:58 am

Will there be a 9-11 act... unlikely but I do think something will happen on or around the anniversary
~Sigs 4 Life~
anthonyburris
Marking Out Icon

Postby wewantflair » September 10th, 2011, 3:37 am

Nothing will happen. Government scare tactic bullshit.
wewantflair
Site Admin

Postby WOODMO » September 10th, 2011, 11:01 am

wewantflair wrote:Nothing will happen. Government scare tactic bullshit.

So you honestly think we have nothing to fear, and that there is no threat for further attacks?

What makes you so confident?
WOODMO
Site Admin

Postby WOODMO » September 10th, 2011, 11:14 am

As for the 9/11 deal. I don't think we see anything in terms of an attack, but I wouldn't necesarily call this a scare tactic. We were attacked 10 years ago and I see no reason to believe the threat has vanished since then.

Will we be attacked in the future? 100% yes, I bet in the next 2 years a fairly substantial attack happens that costs at least 50-100 lives, I just am not sold on it being this week.
WOODMO
Site Admin

Postby wewantflair » September 10th, 2011, 11:30 am

I didn't say we have nothing to fear, although your chances of being killed by a terrorist are worse than dying of food poisoning.

This particular threat, though, is nonsense. Just looking at the wording of all the articles, it reads like a pure scare tactic.
wewantflair
Site Admin

Postby WOODMO » September 10th, 2011, 12:07 pm

wewantflair wrote:I didn't say we have nothing to fear, although your chances of being killed by a terrorist are worse than dying of food poisoning.

This particular threat, though, is nonsense. Just looking at the wording of all the articles, it reads like a pure scare tactic.

Ah ok. I can see that. The "confirmed unconfirmed" shit is laughablex although it could just be a flimsy tip that they want to appear on top of incase shit happens.
WOODMO
Site Admin

Postby WOODMO » September 10th, 2011, 12:11 pm

As for chances of dying, ever since being next to that failed car bomb, I stopped scoffing at odds, you never know. If attacks take biological turn though, that could rise.
WOODMO
Site Admin

Postby class316 » September 10th, 2011, 2:38 pm

WOODMO wrote:you never know.

:clap:
Follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/celebmeets
:hcit:
View my celebrity report Blog http://celebmeets.blogspot.com/
class316
Marked Out Pioneer

Postby ivpvideos » September 10th, 2011, 7:29 pm

If you live in fear they have already won. You can't sweat things you don't control. I have had friends that were in car accidents that should have killed them and they didn't have a scratch on them and then I have a friend who died catching a football. Life is going to happen no matter how much you worry and panic.
Go to http://www.ivpvideos.com
Like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/IVPvideos
Follow us on Twitter @IVPvideos
Shop on Amazon by going to www.amazonIvp.com so I can make some sweet cash.
ivpvideos
IVP Videos

Postby wewantflair » September 10th, 2011, 8:11 pm

IVP I knew there was a reason we get along. I couldn't have said it any better.
wewantflair
Site Admin

Postby prowrestlingmall » September 10th, 2011, 8:19 pm

ivpvideos wrote:If you live in fear they have already won. You can't sweat things you don't control. I have had friends that were in car accidents that should have killed them and they didn't have a scratch on them and then I have a friend who died catching a football. Life is going to happen no matter how much you worry and panic.

This!!!!
prowrestlingmall
Marked Out King

Next

• Advertisement

Return to Headline News