Joresky

Wentworth Con- July 23-24, 2022- Whippany, NJ

Post by Joresky »

Wentworth Con

July 23-24, 2022

Hanover Marriott
1401 Route 10 E
Whippany, NJ 07981

Featuring celebrity guests.. Bernard Curry, Jacquie Brennan (Sat only), Robbie Magasiva (Sat only), Tammy Macintosh (Sat only), Kate Jenkinson (Sun only), Danielle Cormack (Sun only), Rarriwuy Hick (Sun only) and more TBA

https://www.wentworthcon.com/new-jersey
Cozmik
Full Fledged Mark

Re: Wentworth Con- July 23-24, 2022- Whippany, NJ

Post by Cozmik »

No idea what Wentworth is but Tammy Macintosh was in Farscape. That's tempting.
Cozmik
Full Fledged Mark

Post by Cozmik »

Yikes! $175 plus $20 fee for a single day admission. Nevermind.
mrira
Marked Out Master

Post by mrira »

Damn, has this show even aired in the US?
AJLe
Marked Out Master

Post by AJLe »

Cozmik wrote: July 7th, 2022, 5:32 am Yikes! $175 plus $20 fee for a single day admission. Nevermind.
Insanity. I don't think Walking Dead cons, at the height of the show's popularity, were asking $200 for GA.
wewantflair
Site Admin

Post by wewantflair »

It’s actually a really good show. Highly recommend it.
Greg2600
Site Admin

Post by Greg2600 »

mrira wrote: July 7th, 2022, 7:49 am Damn, has this show even aired in the US?
It's been on Netflix for years, but idk anyone who's ever seen it.
Cozmik wrote: July 7th, 2022, 5:27 am No idea what Wentworth is but Tammy Macintosh was in Farscape. That's tempting.
Damn you're right!!! She was Jool! Garrrrr I need her too.

AJLe wrote: July 7th, 2022, 7:57 am
Cozmik wrote: July 7th, 2022, 5:32 am Yikes! $175 plus $20 fee for a single day admission. Nevermind.
Insanity. I don't think Walking Dead cons, at the height of the show's popularity, were asking $200 for GA.
Autographs are included, so you're basically paying $40 for each auto and admission, which would be understandable IF you wanted all 4 of them!

I did find it comical they actually wrote "no selfies because we're going to have too many people in line."
The Paunch Stevenson Show pop culture podcast
AJLe
Marked Out Master

Post by AJLe »

Greg2600 wrote: July 7th, 2022, 9:16 am
AJLe wrote: July 7th, 2022, 7:57 am
Autographs are included, so you're basically paying $40 for each auto and admission, which would be understandable IF you wanted all 4 of them!

I did find it comical they actually wrote "no selfies because we're going to have too many people in line."
Interesting, but still seems kinda carny - they do the Creation gimmick of having different guests on each day, so if you need one of the Sat people and one of the Sunday ones, you're forced to pay $375 for a weekend package. Also, they make an emphatic point of saying that they will NOT refund any ticket packages in case of a guest cancellation, so that price could be for 4, 3, 2 or 1 graphs each day, if people drop off after you buy a ticket. And I didn't see an option for ala carte graphs, so what happens if you happen to need one of the guests on more than one item?

I don't know why some cons try to re-invent the wheel. Charge a (reasonable) admission price, put guests at a table, post prices at each table what a graph and/or photo costs, and let fans hand the guests money for the stuff they wish to purchase. It's not rocket science.
Greg2600
Site Admin

Post by Greg2600 »

Just to put a bow on this dumbass event, I checked their schedule and it is God awful. Pro ops at different times in the morning/afternoon, with autographs coming at night. True Creation operates similarly, BUT Creation also has separate autograph times by actor. These fools have all guests at once, so if you are GA you may not even get to autographs until well after 8PM!!!

I am going to see Elton John at Met Life tomorrow night, so no shot I miss that for one autograph, but I actually could have gotten an admission for peanuts from fans who were practically giving them away. However, the con is requiring a negative PCR test within 72 hours of attendance! Granted I think my insurance would cover that, I am NOT going through the annoyance of that just to attend a con. GTF outta here!
The Paunch Stevenson Show pop culture podcast
Cozmik
Full Fledged Mark

Post by Cozmik »

Greg2600 wrote: July 22nd, 2022, 10:11 am Just to put a bow on this dumbass event, I checked their schedule and it is God awful. Pro ops at different times in the morning/afternoon, with autographs coming at night. True Creation operates similarly, BUT Creation also has separate autograph times by actor. These fools have all guests at once, so if you are GA you may not even get to autographs until well after 8PM!!!

I am going to see Elton John at Met Life tomorrow night, so no shot I miss that for one autograph, but I actually could have gotten an admission for peanuts from fans who were practically giving them away. However, the con is requiring a negative PCR test within 72 hours of attendance! Granted I think my insurance would cover that, I am NOT going through the annoyance of that just to attend a con. GTF outta here!
I can almost respect their commitment to doing everything they can to keep people away from their con. It's crazy but the sheer determination to do everything wrong is something to see. Its a shame. I don't think Tammy Macintosh gets to the USA often and I would have loved to meet her.