VHAT!?!?!? He was the headliner.
Greg2600
Site Admin

Re: Classic Rewind Weekend- June 24-26, 2022- Atlantic City, NJ

Post by Greg2600 »

cmshowstopper wrote: June 23rd, 2022, 7:09 am
Joresky wrote: June 22nd, 2022, 10:23 am Mark-Paul Gosselaar cancelled
VHAT!?!?!? He was the headliner.
Might have landed a job he can't miss, but also, given what is likely to be another low turnout at the Showboat, either he or the promoter didn't think it made financial sense to move forward. Tough scheduling for this show though, already lost Scott Baio (and Ellen Travolta), Richard Kline, and Dow/Mathers.
The Paunch Stevenson Show pop culture podcast
Convention_Dude

Post by Convention_Dude »

yep, has abbsolutely nothing to do with Dave from Monster Mania continuously talking shit about Ryan Weber and NJHC/CRW every chance he gets. Dave pretends that he is God now, cause he had a couple successful shows. i mean yeah sure, he is bringing in bigger guests, but his hotel sucks ass and he over charges. plus where does he get off having his own authentication service. its not like he trains his staff to know fake autographs. i have watched people place stickers on forgeries there. It got around last year that Dave was trying to get Agents to not work with Ryan. if true, what a scumbag
Convention_Dude

Post by Convention_Dude »

I seriously doubt there will be another CRW, Ryan tanked on this, barely anyone there friday, half the fans he usually brings in. i mean no Baio, travolta, gosselar, wally, beaver. i felt that it was disorganized now that they are shoehorned onto that mold smelling 2nd floor. the hotel is a fucking joke. I love they charge a resort fee. yet its not a resort. I am sorry. but i was completely underwhelmed and dissapointed plus their volunteers are stuck up and all i heard was drama from the few i talked to. Honestly i heard them crying about who they wanted to sit with all weekend. I guess Monster Mania is truly the only horror convention in NJ
Bud White
Marking Out Amateur

Post by Bud White »

It’s a show I would have been at any other time of year. I’m not passing up a beach weekend. Especially one that was guaranteed to be great, and it was.

Dunno why they tried doing this in this area in the dead of summer. I guess they were hoping for the vacation crowd, but someone from Peoria isn’t gonna say “hey Goldberg from the Mighty Ducks is at the showboat.”
Greg2600
Site Admin

Post by Greg2600 »

Well this wasn't a "horror con" but I too have reservations about these events. They seem to be fine in small doses but there was NOBODY there, almost like the disastrous Philly Nostalgia show. Lost several headliners (possibly their agents knew better), and seemed to be very short on volunteers. Again, Weber runs a LOT of shows, the ones in A.C., Allentown, and all these flea market type things in PA and whatnot. Showboat is an old dump, no doubt, and losing the 1st floor space was bad. They didn't even have the ballroom, some MMA thing was going on. They'll continue to use the dump because I'm sure the convention space is free, and that's all these promoters care about. To compare this company with MM is ridiculous, warts-aside, the Hagan's put on a packed show in Cherry Hill, and do well in Hunt Valley, and honestly if they can promote better, maybe Oaks. NJ Horror doesn't promote. Hell, DunderCon was on site promoting their con.
The Paunch Stevenson Show pop culture podcast
mloomis06

Post by mloomis06 »

I went on Saturday. I felt so bad for all the guests. No one was at their tables. Poor D.B. Sweeney was on his laptop the whole
time I was there. The guests were what I call Chiller Hallway of Death guests. They can't be all you have or hardly anyone is
going to make a trip to AC. I bought my ticket when Gosselaar was announced. I had talked some friends into going to AC so I could
bum a ride. I did get a few people. Richard Tyson I wanted on my Blu of "Three O'Clock High" and DVD of "Two Moon Junction".
He was very friendly. I aslo got Heather Mattarazzo on my "Welcome to the Dollhouse" blu. What a sweet woman. Someone get her
to a better con. I wanted an Urban Legend 8x10 of Tara Reid but she didn't have any on her table so I skipped her. Very disappointing.
Is there Horror show any better ?