Bickering and fighting is over - Class316 solution reached

Find out about updates and give us feedback. All users please make sure you familiarize yourselves with our rules. Violation of rules can result in account termination.
WOODMO
Site Admin

Bickering and fighting is over - Class316 solution reached

Post by WOODMO »

We are tired of all the fighting. Class is at the core of it, but it takes two to tango and many of you engage him and it just goes on and on.

In response, we have now instituted a post approval on every post Class makes, which means unless one of us approve it, none of you will see it. This should eliminate the annoying posts that work people into a fury.

Now on the other hand, this is not an excuse to taunt him because we are policing his posts, I expect everyone to grow up and act normal or else similar restrictions will go onto more accounts.

If Class is really the root of the fighting, it has been neutralized, so let's see everyone get along like the popular narrative says will happen without him stirring the pot.
ICW
Marked Out Master

Re: Bickering and fighting is over - Class316 solution reached

Post by ICW »

Excellent idea that was absolutely necessary.
Feel free to visit my blog concerning wrestling conventions, signings, and meet & greets!
https://squaredcirclecons.com/
AJLe
Marked Out Master

Post by AJLe »

Thank you.
capman
Marked Out King

Post by capman »

Hmmm, well, knowing the situations that have arisen, I don't know if I completely agree with this one although I see why some would. An argument can be made that then all of us should have of posts reviewed, but then again, we are not causing as many said issues.

Personally, I am not crazy about his " I have proof" e-mails to make others look bad or to "State his case", however I have not met Class in person yet, and how he chooses to live his life, AS LONG HE IS NOT PHYSICALLY HURTING or doing any damage to someones workplace or home, then it is all interesting reading here. He has also helped me in the past as I have helped him blindly with tickets. To others, with reasons that may or may not be known to all of us, he is guilty until proven innocent.

One day, I hope to dine with everyone here ( including the rare 16times) and get an understanding why does this hobby mean that much to everyone and why can't we work together as a unit then against. But.....

Now, lets find Steve Perry and stop with this ragamuffin talk!
ICW
Marked Out Master

Post by ICW »

Anyone who baits Steve should have their posts deleted. I am so uninterested in reading the same fights over and over. I love this place but it's becoming really ridiculous with the fighting
Feel free to visit my blog concerning wrestling conventions, signings, and meet & greets!
https://squaredcirclecons.com/
WOODMO
Site Admin

Post by WOODMO »

ICW wrote: June 27th, 2017, 2:48 pm Anyone who baits Steve should have their posts deleted. I am so uninterested in reading the same fights over and over. I love this place but it's becoming really ridiculous with the fighting
Yes, this is what I am trying to avoid. He is obviously not entirely to blame, his baiting only works when people take said bait and engage. He is great entertainment and contributions when he harnesses that, but he clearly grates on many people's nerves and the only way to avoid everything being taken over is to filter everything and attempt to weed out the problems.

The easy solution is a ban, this would be time consuming to approve all these posts, but the idea is to lose the fighting and keep him, so I would be happy to do it. And anyone baiting Steve is subject to the same penalties going forward, this is not a penalty on him, just a realization that he has had countless enemies in the past decade on here and has to be viewed as a common link.

With stuff like this you're damned if you do and damned if you don't, because while many like the fighting and distractions gone, there will always be a few who enjoy the car crash aspect of it.
Greg2600
Site Admin

Post by Greg2600 »

I was given mod privileges earlier this year, primarily to fix links, organize con/signings, etc. I purposely stayed away from policing, because I myself have dealt with Internet lunatics for over two decades, so very little phases me. That being said, WOODMO has been forced to split off or delete -
completely off topic bickering, usually on reports, and almost always centered on Class. This happens once every couple weeks if not more frequently, and shouldn't be tolerated. Some people don't want their report content criticized, others (like me) do not care either way.

What you cannot have are threats, and Class has given and received far too many of them lately. We have privately admonished him for this, regardless of who is to blame, but he never can control himself. If it were up to me, I would say this.... If you freely insist on bickering with Class, that's your business. As long as it's civil. Get out of line, and mods step in. If you are tired of it, and leave the forum, I truly hate to see that happen, but that's your choice. It's a two-way street in nearly every incident.

Some of the mods don't read every thread, so things get missed, too. Unfortunately the only way for the board to continue with Class is that the mods will have to do a lot of modding, which is really unnecessary and a waste of time. Class has his "fans" and I suppose without him the readership falls, but it's just really ridiculous.
The Paunch Stevenson Show pop culture podcast
djknightrida
Marked Out Master

Post by djknightrida »

There were about 2 weeks in board history when things were perfect on it. Maybe not so much off of it. Just sayin
2017 Most Unique Photo Winner

:dj:
Murphy 3

Post by Murphy 3 »

djknightrida wrote: June 27th, 2017, 4:35 pm There were about 2 weeks in board history when things were perfect on it. Maybe not so much off of it. Just sayin
I remember those 2 weeks. Coincidentally, the day those 2 weeks ended was the last time I logged in. It looks like I've had a PM sitting there since 2014 from WOODMO telling me he wasn't going to honor my request to delete my account. It looks like most of my posts have been purged, so good enough I guess.
WOODMO
Site Admin

Post by WOODMO »

Murphy 3 wrote: June 29th, 2017, 11:43 am
djknightrida wrote: June 27th, 2017, 4:35 pm There were about 2 weeks in board history when things were perfect on it. Maybe not so much off of it. Just sayin
I remember those 2 weeks. Coincidentally, the day those 2 weeks ended was the last time I logged in. It looks like I've had a PM sitting there since 2014 from WOODMO telling me he wasn't going to honor my request to delete my account. It looks like most of my posts have been purged, so good enough I guess.
I literally have zero recollection of the request, me sending you a PM, none of it. I wonder how many other unread PMs are out there hahaha
heelorton79
Marked Out Master

Post by heelorton79 »

For some reason, this board is experiencing a peacefulness that I have never felt on here before. Aaahhh......... :like: :score: :yes:
cmshowstopper
Marked Out Master

Post by cmshowstopper »

heelorton79 wrote: July 3rd, 2017, 12:27 am For some reason, this board is experiencing a peacefulness that I have never felt on here before. Aaahhh......... :like: :score: :yes:
:ohyeah: Hi.
lanza218
Site Admin

Post by lanza218 »

Hope Murphy posts again!!
class316
Marked Out God

Post by class316 »

I've already thanked them in private, but I will thank them in public as well. I would like to thank the mods for stepping in and ending all hostilities. While that was different years ago during the arena days, I myself never wanted any fights as I'm getting too old for this and need to worry about other things in life (both combo related and otherwise). So I thank the mods for finally stepping in and creating peace.
Follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/celebmeets
Jack.Oliver

Post by Jack.Oliver »

class316 wrote: July 12th, 2017, 3:51 pm I've already thanked them in private, but I will thank them in public as well. I would like to thank the mods for stepping in and ending all hostilities. While that was different years ago during the arena days, I myself never wanted any fights as I'm getting too old for this and need to worry about other things in life (both combo related and otherwise). So I thank the mods for finally stepping in and creating peace.
agreed. filtering class316 was the best thing that could have been done to create the peace.