Celebrities with odd autograph rules

Discuss general topics dealing with the hobby.
zuko3984
Marking Out Amateur

Celebrities with odd autograph rules

Post by zuko3984 »

So HOF pitcher Randy Johnson is going to be signing at the Hofstra autograph show in April and on the site he is listed as he will not sign a jersey unless it has 5 or more other signatures on it already. That just seems like such an odd rule to have and I can't figure out why he would have such a rule. It also got me thinking about other odd/strange or just annoying rules other celebrities/athletes have. I've seen that Roger Clemens won't sign anything to do with the incident he had with Mike Piazza and Piazza usually wont sign anything to do with Clemens. I can kind of understand that but for the prices they charge it is still kind of annoying.
What other odd/annoying rules has anything seen and for the prices most of these people charge should they really have silly restrictions on what they will sign. Like sure don't sign anything offensive or rude or stuff like that but like the Randy Johnson thing is really annoying and what reason could he have for that.
Jason1980s
Marked Out King

Re: Celebrities with odd autograph rules

Post by Jason1980s »

Rod Carew is pretty similar to Randy, at least he was in the past. His rule was no single signed jerseys. I believe the reasoning from both guys is that they reserve single signed jerseys for charity donations to get a higher price. I feel like if they've done signings for decades and didn't have that rule they would have gotten just as much or more money.
Book WWE Hall of Famer Jimmy Valiant for your event!!
PM me!

http://www.jimmyvaliant.weebly.com/

Meet WWE Hall of Famer Jimmy Valiant ANY Sunday 12 noon to 4 PM at Boogie's Wrestling Camp located at
2916 Alleghany Springs Road in Shawsville Virginia. Free of charge!

"I'll never forget what the WWE took away from me. I also want to say I'll never forget all the great things they gave to me"-Bret Hart
Greg2600
Site Admin

Post by Greg2600 »

This is usually only seen in sports. Bo Jackson for instance will not sign the black and white shoulder pad/baseball bat photo, hasn't in years. I think he has an exclusive with somebody on that one. That's normally what it comes down to, exclusivity contracts.

Some celebs I've encountered won't sign with a blue marker only black. Why? They strangely believe you can somehow "lift" a blue signature off it or some nonsense. Christian Slater was babbling about this one night years ago.
The Paunch Stevenson Show pop culture podcast
TheDuke

Post by TheDuke »

Bo Jackson has a longer list of items he won't sign than he will sign.