ICW's legends of the Ring XXXI Report

This is the place to post reports from in-person meets!
Forum rules
DO NOT post the location for on the street meets. To keep the spots from being too crowded, we don't allow locations to be posted. You may only post location details about pay meets and organized free signings.
ICW
Marked Out Master

ICW's legends of the Ring XXXI Report

Post by ICW »

The first Legends of the Ring without their World's Famous Superticket was a solid, if unspectacular, wrestling convention with one of the lightest lineups they've ever had; that being said, there were enough wants to draw me in and I left feeling pretty satisfied. Onto the report:

I arrived at the APA Hotel just after 8:30 AM and spotted a sign in the lobby directing customers to the ticket table, which was a great improvement from its last location (just outside the entrance to the main vendor room). There was immediately a miscommunication issue, though: a staffer was directing people to line up for ticket pickup but, as it turned out, the line was for people buying tickets the day of, meaning 10+ people could've just walked up to the table and retrieved their tickets but needlessly waited on a line. What made it a little stressful was that another staffer was directing people upstairs for Bret's pro photo op, which was scheduled for 9 AM and I still didn't have my tickets. It was ultimately cleared up and not a big deal but it is a little grating that their customers are condescendingly told to "be where they're supposed to be" yet are given misinformation.

Another good thing: they made the stairs accessible for anyone who didn't want to wait for the elevator. I climbed the stairs and lined up outside the pro photo op room for Bret Hart, who arrived ~10-15 minutes past 9 AM. The photographer gave clear instructions to everyone prior to getting into the room and had staffers selling sleeves and digital ops while we waited. Bret was nice as usual and I'm glad I have a pro op with him. There didn't seem to be an issue with their printers (the photographer mentioned they had four running) and it took about 15-20 mins for the photo to be printed.

It was now 20 to 10 AM and I went into the vendor room to knock out some pre-orders. Up first was the Impact Knockout's Champion Tasha Steelz. I've become a big fan of hers and think she'll be a big-time star if she were to go to AEW or WWE. She was very nice and posed with her title, which is always a great thing. I had her sign an 8x10.

I had two Earl Hebner tickets that could be redeemed for an autograph or photo op, so I ended up with one of each. I now have a photo op with Hebner wearing an AEW and Impact referee's shirt. He signed a TNA program.

I decided to wait on Bret's autograph line, which surprisingly wasn't too long of a wait (probably half hour or so). Bret signed my WCW: The Official Annual.

I was back in the vendor room and it was close to 11 AM. I hoped on Jamie Hayter's line, which seemingly kept growing. I pre-ordered a combo and had her sign my Grand Slam chair, which she loved. She was incredibly nice and personable and I'm glad to see that she drew a big crowd.

I then cashed in on my Anna Jay pre-order, who also signed my Grand Slam chair. She was incredibly nice and seemed genuinely happy that I attended Grand Slam. She's stunning in person, too.

Pre-orders were done, so I decided to try for a couple of additional wants. I had asked the handler with Scotty 2 Hotty for his prices and was told it was $30 for just an autograph. I mean this with all due respect to Scotty 2 Hotty but he's a $30 combo; still, I had an item from my childhood that I wanted him to sign, so I decided to bite the bullet. I hand over the $30 when his handler informs me that the price was now an astonishing $50 because I wanted him to sign my own item. Scotty 2 Hotty was brought in by RDP but I did not recognize the handler, so maybe he was misinterpreting Richie's pricing because $50 for a Scotty 2 Hotty autograph is flat-out insulting. I took back my $$$ and spent it elsewhere.

Delirious - former ROH talent and booker - showed up in full gimmick, which I was thrilled to see. His combo was $20 and I had him sign an old ROH fold-out poster. I then decided to get him on another, full-color poster that I brought with me for an additional $20. He was also giving out Delirious pins, which I now put on my bag. He was super nice and loved the posters.

I was pretty much done for the day. Funnily enough, I'm waiting for the elevator when I see Uncle Nino from Jersey Shore walk in front of me. He was apparently a late addition and was charging $25/$25/$40. I wonder how he did.

And that was that. Like I said at the top: this was a weak lineup and the pricing for many guests seemed especially crazy. I don't know if I'll be going to shows if this becomes the new norm. It was good seeing a couple of the usual suspects, though a ton of regulars both on and off this board were not in attendance (at least while i was there).

Autographs:
Feel free to visit my blog concerning wrestling conventions, signings, and meet & greets!
https://squaredcirclecons.com/
SharpyAllin

Re: ICW's legends of the Ring XXXI Report

Post by SharpyAllin »

I attended this event. I was surprised that Anna Jay was $40 auto on your own item (figure/belt) but was $30 for their 8x10. I did not prepay - not sure if there was a difference. It is getting more expensive to bring your own items! I felt $40 was on the high end.