FanExpo Cleveland This is the Way to The Office

This is the place to post reports from in-person meets!
Forum rules
DO NOT post the location for on the street meets. To keep the spots from being too crowded, we don't allow locations to be posted. You may only post location details about pay meets and organized free signings.
Cozmik
Full Fledged Mark

FanExpo Cleveland This is the Way to The Office

Post by Cozmik »

Saturday I went to FanExpo Cleveland. I wasn't overwhelmed with the guest list and since I had a couple other big cons coming up I wasn't going to go. But it was a relatively short drive there was one MCU actor I needed so I thought I'd go for a single day. In the end I decided to pick up all the others there I was at least mildly interested in. I figured most of the lines for the people I wanted wouldn't be too bad and they turned out to be shorter than I expected. In fact, almost all the celeb lines even for usually crowded celebs like Christopher Lloyd were very short. The only long lines were for anime voice actors.

First up I went to a couple actors from The Office. I told Oscar Nunez I just watched the first episode of"Lucky Hank" where he plays the Dean of a college where Hank is a teacher played by Bob Odenkirk. He was happy to hear that.
ImageImage

Then I got Kate Flannery who played Meredith. She took great pleasure at doing a picture where she photo-bombed me.
ImageImage

The third Office actor wasn't at his table yet so I went over and met Emily Swallow who plays the Armorer on The Mandalorian. She was nice and I asked her about whether they used stunt actors for the actors on the show when they wear helmets and she promised it was all her doing her physical part. She did say she had to re-dub her voice after and often they might giver her different lines than she had for the filming and it was easier since she didn't have to match mouth movements because of the helmet.
ImageImage

By then the MCU actor I wanted, Sean Gunn, had showed up. He had a panel coming up in 20 minutes but since the line was short I thought I could get him before. I was next to go when they pulled him 10 minutes before the panel. They promised they'd put me in front of the line when he came back so I went to the third Office actor who was now at his table.

Leslie David Baker who played Stanley was pretty nice and I got a combo and had him sign a Funko Pop.
ImageImageImage

After I ate some over-priced food, I saw Carl Weathers had a short line and decided not to pass up a chance to meet him. He was a lot nicer than I expected. I got a picture from The Mandalorian signed and later got a pro photo with him since he wasn't doing table-ops. He was masked at the autograph table but unmasked and shaking hands at the photo-op. Its perplexing but I'm thankful for no mask in the photo.
ImageImage

Finally, I got back to Sean Gunn for his return I got the combo from him and had him sign a Funko Pop. He added his most memorable quote from Guardians of the Galaxy to the sign panel.
ImageImageImage Image

I stuck around about a half hour for my pro photos and was on the way home.
One thing I wanted to note was both Sean Gunn and Leslie David Baker had a slight upcharge for signing the Funko Pops. This seems to be a growing trend but the first time I've run into it specifically for Funko Pops at a con. I guess I'll just have to expect it going forward.
And then there was Carl Weathers' upcharge for anything but the photos he brought. They were $80 signed. For any personal item you wanted signed he charged $300.
Greg2600
Site Admin

Re: FanExpo Cleveland This is the Way to The Office

Post by Greg2600 »

Cozmik wrote: March 26th, 2023, 7:54 pmAnd then there was Carl Weathers' upcharge for anything but the photos he brought. They were $80 signed. For any personal item you wanted signed he charged $300.
:holy: :holy: :holy:

The man is completely insane.
The Paunch Stevenson Show pop culture podcast
AJLe
Marked Out Master

Post by AJLe »

Cozmik wrote: March 26th, 2023, 7:54 pm I saw Carl Weathers had a short line
Cozmik wrote: March 26th, 2023, 7:54 pm For any personal item you wanted signed he charged $300.

I would guess that these two things are somehow related.
EastVillageSteve
Marking Out Amateur

Post by EastVillageSteve »

Great report. Nice mix of guests you were able to get.

Thank you for the info on Carl Weathers. I'm going to MegaCon in Orlando at the end of the week and was contemplating finding a Greef Karga figure for Weathers to sign. Definitely not doing that if he's charging $300.